Well here I am with another PT project. I swear I am having WAY too much fun doing this right now - and all in the comfort of my own home! I am super pleased with this week's project. You just gotta go check it out here Project Tuesday.
I knew as soon as I saw this tri-fold project I was going to use photos. My first love was always sewing but it was really scrapbooking that got me hooked on papercrafts and I don't scrap half as much as I'd like to. This project gave me that opportunity plus I was desperate to get these photos of Maddycakes into something. They were perfect for this although I ended up having to change up the sizes since I couldn't trim down my photos. I figure that's gotta be ok now and then because making it 'your own' is half the fun right?

I simply couldn't resist working with these fab Cosmo Cricket papers again. They are colourful, fresh, full of strawberries which I happen to collect (I have a strawberry themed kitchen) and there are glimpses of strawberries in the photos plus everything just worked so well together - how could I not use em?

This is the left side open where I chose to add a few words using my trusty computer. I thought this sounded cute since I planned to include a recipe. I had taken a few photos of Maddy enjoying the frosting although Grandma had to show her a way to do it WITHOUT using her tongue (spoil sport).
Here is the right side and again I added text but this time with alphabet stamps. I am just lovin the red, green, yellow colour combination. Maddy and I did make cupcakes together but looking through this album you'd think all I did was take photos. Soooo glad I did though and I love photographing the grandkids. I love too that she's wearing the apron I made her mummy oh so many years ago now. Remonds me I gotta make matching Mummy/Maddy aprons for them this year.

I love that this album just keeps going and going. It has sides that open, flaps that flip out and tags that pull up all at the same time plus I even added an extra bit or two. I can just see mummy and Maddy looking at this together - aaahhhh - warm fuzzy feelin. I left off buttons and any 3D embellishments cos I filled it so full of photos there just wasn't the depth left to close it otherwise. Next one maybe. There will definately be a 'next' one.
Despite that it kept on going and going there just wasn't ENOUGH room so I decided to add an extra flap to open up and reveal a cupcake frosting recipe. I thought it would add a fun element to it and make it functional all at the same time. I was planning on giving this to my daughter for Mother's Day (even though I find it hard to part with now) so a cupcake mix and all the trimmings might be fun to include with it. Jess if you're reading this I promise I will make you something nice soon too.
This would make a cool Christmas traditions album with the kids making cookies or candies and then sharing favourite recipes at the same time. Oh why do I talk myself into these things? Now I gotta do that one too!
Finally the whole thing opens up revealing even more plus I haven't even included a shot of the tags! I still didn't even add ALL the photos I had of Maddycakes. I did include instructions entitled 'Maddy Makes Cupcakes in 7 Easy Steps' which I thought was cute. In a round about way it describes what's going on in the photos but short of numbering them (which I didn't do) you have to kinda figure out which photo goes with which step. I simply couldn't get them all lined up and in order. I'm good but not THAT good :-)
What I did manage to do in the fully opened album though is get a general sequence view from start to finish so it works for me.
I finally learnt how to get my watermark where I wanted it this week too. Not big enough in some shots maybe but I can work on that. I had to get help from the design team who have been so supportive and helpful. If I never make it onto another design team and I hope some day I do - as Martin Luther King once said 'I have a dream' - and it's good to dream right? I will always be thankful for this one.
And right now I am thankful my fatigue is almost completely gone. I didn't realise just how little energy I've been working on this past year. I was lucky if I could give anything 25% let alone 100% but I'm beginning to be my old self again (up to a point of course) and literally bouncing off walls some days. I have all this new found energy and I gotta do something with it. I can already tell that's gonna become really annoying for some people, me included maybe but I'm sure it'll settle down at some point. And anyway good feels sooooo good right now and I think I deserve it!
Still can't get me doing housework though. Life's short. Why do housework when there is such fun to be had? And many more craft things put to one side that NEED finishing this weekend for sure!




8 comments:
Your project is awesome! Everything about it works. I've had to look at it over and over to catch all the neat details. Give yourself a big hug...way to go!!!
Wow, this is AMAZING! Look at all that work and look how nice this is! Well done!! I love it and you've inspired me to try my hand at ANOTHER one, using photo's!!
Gorgeous! lol - I wished for more depth too - will have to enlarge that spine next time!
first let me say that i am so glad your getting your energy back and your so right house work can wait!! girl this is one AWESOME project!!!! and how cute you have made it with all the photos and the extra flap :) well one day i will make one but time just got away from me this past week, but there is always the next time :)
Wow! I love your project! The colors are perfect and I love the idea to include a recipe along with the pictures!!!
CindyB
WOW...You did a wonderful job with this project!!!!!! Soooo many details!!! Great job!
Now this is my idea of heaven!But you must teach her, you must not use your fingers to get food stuff off ... far to messy, lol
Just think this is amazing, the colours the storys.. the whole look
this is awesome! I'm going to have a go at this one day soon, I love this style of album - so great, thnak you for this inspiration. I'm bookmarking this in my projects folder.
Post a Comment