Jilly came today to have lunch and some crafting fun so I thought it might be neat to see if she wanted to join me in this week's PT project - a cute little bird house - I've wanted to make one for a while now but just never got around to it. Thanks PT!

This was my finished effort. I knew I wanted to add acetate so you could see the contents inside as I plan to put Cadbury's mini eggs in mine - if there are any left that is since Jilly and I already munched our way through one bag while we crafted.
I was amazed at just how many 'bird' stamps I managed to find so we had a good choice. I used scalloped scissors on the ends of the roof and added a strip of punched lace using a MS border punch. It reminds me of a thatched roof - something we see alot of here in good ol' Suffolk, England.
Doing this week's project meant I was able to dig out some small punches to create the flowers and leaves. I have collected so many over the years and just when I think I could get rid of a few along comes an opportunity to use them and then I'm really glad I didn't.

Since I had lots of supplies Jilly played right along with me, same colours, same patterns except she chose a duck stamp for her bird.

It was definately a duck but she liked it better! I guess that's what it's all about - showcasing our individual tastes and styles in our projects.
Despite being busy today was a pretty good day off work. Back to the grind stone tomorrow I guess, still the weekend is only around the corner. I have sooooo much crafting I want to do, finish Claire's thank you gift, make something nice for my doc for next week, do the new SCS egg basket - so simple but cute plus a few things for the weekend and I still don't know how busy I'm gonna be on the PT DT yet?
4 comments:
So cute! it's such a fun project I think I'm going to have to make another one!
This is super cute! Awesome job on the birdhouse!
I watch AI as well...really not sure about some of the choices for the top 24 this time around though and finding the contestants seem really confused with all the judges comments. They seem all over the place to me?
How nice to get together with a friend. Your projects are darling. Boy that AI has me hooked as well.
This is just adorable. Love all the little extras you added to it.
Post a Comment