Anyhow it meant that I hadn't prepared samples like I usually do and I got so busy talkin to crafters that I didn't get many samples made on the day either!

Amanda's deliveries from CHA and NEC have started to arrive so I was really pleased to see these pretty papers from 'American Crafts'. I really liked these. The colours were so much more softer although they did have some bright ones in the range too.
I kept my samples clean and fuss-free and used up some older rub ons from last years stash. One way or another I try to use up most everything Amanda gives me to play with.
Most of you who know me well know I love a 'patchwork' feel and whether you're using lots of little squares or just a few strips these papers are perfect for this. Even better they're double sided with a co-ordinating plain shade from the range. Double sided may cost a bit more but the paper quality is usually better too so I'd buy double sided over single sided ANY day.
Most of you who know me well know I love a 'patchwork' feel and whether you're using lots of little squares or just a few strips these papers are perfect for this. Even better they're double sided with a co-ordinating plain shade from the range. Double sided may cost a bit more but the paper quality is usually better too so I'd buy double sided over single sided ANY day.

I spent the better part of the morning showing everyone how to make this little pocket to fill with candy or something similar. It meant that I didn't really have time to work on finishing mine how I'd like but I'm sharing it anyway. It's just a couple of simple folds and you're done - no adhesive necessary!

These were the 'American Crafts' papers. They feature butterflies, bees and flowers, cherries, bunting and little girls dresses. I'm kinda hoping Annie might have a play for a page using these cos I think she'd do something real sweet with them. If not then I just might have to do it myself!

Here's a closer shot of some of them. These ones are called 'Letterbox' and I think the sheet that features the pretty frames is perfect for stamping text onto.

This set called 'abode' couldn't be more different but I just love it! I love the red, the polka dots, the bright cheery feel the flower pots give me and I think they're fun. Lucky for me Amanda needs samples for the store so I got to bring a small selection home to play with. I'm gonna love playing with these bright ones every bit as much as the others - maybe even more - who knows? I never cease to surprise myself.

THEN as if that wasn't enough for one day.........some of the Cosmo Cricket stuff had arrived too!
I am a MEGGA fan of Cosmo designs and these 'garden variety' ones are gonna work perfect for pages of the allotment. I have always wanted to do an 8 x 8 scrapbook come recipe book featuring our veggie patch and the recipes we've discovered along the way. My photos are full of lush colours because most are taken when our growing is in full swing so I can see I am gonna become 'good friends' with Garden Variety.

The last one I'm gonna share (before this post becomes WAY too long) is the 'Material Girl' design . Again I'm gonna be 'good friends' with this range since sewing was my first love. Over the years I've taken photos of my work but never really put them into an album or anything. I would LOVE to so I am in love with these designs. You have soooooo gotta go see all the new papers girls!
Well my next post will be my first ever Project Tuesday post as a member of the DT - yay! See you there.
No comments:
Post a Comment