Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Oh So Pretty Cupcake

Pauline (who I work with) and I decided we would make our manager a quilt for the baby girl she is expecting in June. Nothing too fancy - just some machine quilting to keep it quick and easy. I bought this pretty, almost Cath Kidston looking fabric at Dunelm on Sunday when Jilly and I spent the day in Ipswich. I knew it would be perfect to machine quilt.
Anyhow Pauline and I are sharing the cost plus I contribuited the wadding and she's contributing the backing fabric. When she brought her fabric to work yesterday she also brought in a couple of cute handmade cupcakes. Aren't they just adorable! I know Pauline quilts cos I've seen a beautiful one she's working on but I suspect she has many hidden talents and making these little cupcakes is just one of them.
She even let me keep one which I was soooooo chuffed about. I am gonna keep buggin her for the pattern cos I'd like to make these for Maddycakes. She has a wooden play house at the bottom of the garden and got a kitchen for it last Christmas. She is collecting 'kitchen supplies' and these cakes would be such fun to play with.
Heck I'd like a few of these for display in my kitchen with strawberry buttons on top. How cute would they be on the stand Jilly gave me for Christmas. I just can't seem to put it away. I will have my machine out over Easter to get the quilt done so I could whip a few of these up at the same time. Gotta get that pattern!

1 comment:

Beate said...

What an adorable cupcake.
Hugs and smiles