I have to admit getting the project done was a WHOLE bunch easier than the technical stuff. I couldn't find anywhere in my photo software to add the water mark Jennifer kindly sent me - looked so darn good too - so I'm having to post without it. I downloaded a couple of free photo editing softwares and almost got there but not quite. I still have to upload it to the Project Tuesday site as yet!
Anyhow I'm sharing it here like I always do and hoping next time round will be a whole lot smoother.

This weeks project was a hinged card. I had never actually heard of one of these before let alone seen one so it's safe to say I'm already learning alot. I really liked the concept and it was super easy to do.

Basically the upper portion of the card lifts up and away to reveal the underneath. How cute is that? I decided to use the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety designs and kept it clean and simple. I am amazed at how clean and simple it turned out - not usually my style.
I used a decorative element taken from a whole sheet of matching elements and a 'fresh' sticker from a co-ordinating sticker sheet. I stapled a piece of ribbon just above the sticker so you can pull up on it. Finally I added a few of Craftworks little 'faux' brads cos they reminded me of peas.

I printed the text inside using my trusty computer and added some quirky faux stitching lines with my ever trusty pattern tracing wheel.
Finally to hide the brad back I mounted the whole thing onto a piece of red cardstock to give a clean finish.
You can play along here at Project Tuesday and be sure to check out the other samples for even more inspiration!
2 comments:
What an awesome job!! Your card turned out great! Aren't they fun to do? Sorry the watermark didn't work out.
What an adorable card!!! Look at how stinken cute those peas are!!!! Love how they are smiling:). Great touch with the green brads!
Post a Comment