When I found out how easy they were to do I decided to cut several so I could maybe make a whole bunch. I got this little bunny guy from MSWord clip art. He looks a bit like he's just stepped out in front of a cars headlights but I LIKE him. I thought since he had a carrot in his hand this image was perfect.
I also used my computer to create the text that says 'hop, hop. hoppy easter'.
I stamped up the base carrot using tone on tone before assembling. I love the dots, spots and rings around spots that kinda match bunny's eyes. I dragged an old set of stamps out of the cupboard and mixed and matched them up on my block to make stamping several even quicker. I can't believe it only takes 1 strip of sticky tape and the whole thing is done! This is the perfect kind of 'sit in front of the telly' crafting project.
I picked up this ribbon from YTOC yesterday cos I knew it would be perfect as soon as I saw it. See even the ribbon with it's ruffled edges is kinda kooky too.
I dragged my CM circle cutter out of the cupboard to cut the circles so I could 'bump out' the bunny ears but it meant that I didn't have a nestability scallop to fit. They were either way too big or just slightly too small. I decided to cut a larger circle and trimmed it up with deckle edged scissors. Haven't used these in a while either but the edge kinda mimicked the ruffled edge on the ribbon. Luckily I had green cardstock on hand that matched the ribbon.
I plan to fill em with Cadbury's mini eggs but I can't decide how to present them. I have some lovely baskets but I don't want to give em away so they'd have to be returned. I usually only do this with family or close friends. I might have to see what else is lurking in the back of my craft cupboards.
To make one yourself check out Julia's version here (that's where I first saw it) and the link for the instructions can be found here. Hope you have fun with it.
As for my other crafting, well my package is finally ready to post, the next PT project is done and uploaded and I'm hoping to craft around babysitting Maddycakes this afternoon if I can to get a few more things finished. Right now she's watching a movie but I may just take time out and go watch it with her - I can hear her laughing so it sounds like a good one. I can always craft this evening after dinner.



1 comment:
Gorgeous Suezie, I am going to have to make some of those!
Post a Comment