
So where are they I hear you askin'? Beats me! I wanted a scalloped border and used the 'rescue remedies' set to create one. Then before I knew what had happened I had created my own flowers using the same set too! PLUS I'm now wondering if I have used TOO much creative license. Does it qualify? Well the sketch was my inspiration wasn't it? Yep!

And if you turn the sketch around it's definately in my page isn't it? Yep again! Okay then - I'm gonna go for it - I'm sure someone will tell me if I've used a bit too much creative license here LOL!
So how did I create my 'funky' flowers (above)? Well here's how.
I had intended to use just the round stamped image but it wasn't big enough for my liking. A bit of trial and error with die-cut shapes behind it led me to the smallest nestabilities 'nested flower' die. But then I had almost too much flower so I experimented and stamped the smaller circle image inside the centre 5 times - once in each petal.
Then I layered them up and added a single smaller stamped circle to the centre till I was happy with the result. Oh and I did use the leaf from the homespun hugs set so it's in there somewhere.
Later when I looked at my finished page I realised you could also make a flower like this (and probably a few more besides). Pretty cool huh? I am always amazed at the things Claire sees in her stamps and how she mixes them up. I always think 'how does she do it?' and 'I could never do that'. Well next time I think that I'll remind myself that sometimes - just sometimes - I CAN do it too!
I used one of the labels 10 nestabilities dies for the title shape and more WM stamps to decorate it up. Finally I finished the pretty scalloped border off with my favourite black gems which were perfect. I couldn't resist the temptation to doodle some so I also added a bit of 'squiggly' (very technical term there) lines and some pen dots.
The whole theme was aimed at mimicking the pink, red and yellow flowers that can just about be seen in the centre photo and the circle or spotty goings on to mimick Maddy's blouse. They're actually teeny tiny pink and red flowers on her blouse but in these photos they look spotty.
On reflection I could've scalloped the brown border strip by cutting around the circles same as the green border but it's enough for now eh? Besides it's stuck down and I can't get the darn thing up now LOL! I can always remember to do it on another page!
The papers were from the 'Little Ladies' design by 'My Little Shoebox' and were among my stash from a while back.








6 comments:
Suezie, this is ADORABLE, even if you went a little RAMBO on the sketch.
I LOVE this page and it is YOUR inspiration! Those flowers you created are just FABULOUS! Now I want to go scrapbook something!!!
Awe Suezie, this LO is so sweet! Darling photos & I love how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for the awesome flower tutorial! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC - hope to see you Saturday for an all new challenge!
Oh my goodness, what fab flowers you made, very creative indeed! Great project!
What a great page Suezie! Your daughter is just adorable - love your creative design with the sketch and the great flowers you made with the stamps! thanks for sharing your technique! and thanks for playing with WMS this week!
These flowers are great. Thanks for sharing how you made them. And I too enjoy making pages from card sketches...great job!
Post a Comment