Tuesday, 27 July 2010

WMSC7 A Second Attempt

I decided I wanted to have a second attempt at the Waltzing Mouse sketch - mainly cos I fell in love with the pretty blooms I'd created on my page and the pretty papers and I simply wasn't ready to put them away yet. Warning then - this may not be the last time you see them today!
OMG! I just went to make a cuppa while my photos uploaded and I've found another fab idea - you will have to check back to see it in my next post cos I haven't quite made it yet!
This time I didn't turn the sketch or manipulate it in any way, shape or form. I stuck with the programme!



I knew exactly what I wanted to do and for me THIS is CAS. Sherry - I tried honest! If I have to do more CAS than this I just can't bring myself to do it - seriously! You don't know how tempted I was to add another flower or dots or swirls! (Actually I think it could with stand some black swirled gems 'cept I don't got any). Even so with a bit of stamping, some quick die-cutting, a quick whizz around on the sewing machine (I can drive that baby like a Formula One race car when I need to) and finally some inking this card came together in a matter of minutes - for real. Obviously it helped that everything was still out and it took all of a few seconds to set up the machine but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Just like the picture in my head :-)


It took me longer to photograph the darn thing would you believe? My card kept looking like things were crooked - but they aren't - honest! I guess I don't do so well with angles when I photograph but I like something other than just head on.




Therefore since I simply can't make up my mind I'm doing a 'Lauren Meader' LOL! That girly gives you a shot, then another shot, and another, and another..... You get the picture! (HUH! funny LOL! You get the picture!!! - well I thought it was funny after I'd typed it! LOL!)
Oh man! - I can tell I'm in a funny kind of 'me' mood today :-)

And just to show one more picture here's a shot featuring the details. See the element of three? I got to lookin at my page and figured I could easily do three leaves which is how this card came about. I just love Claire's stamps - really I do and all the 'rescue remedies' are FAB but my mind boggles how I can go a bit 'ga ga' over the smallest, simplest stamps in the set!
WMS Ladies - I couldn't see anywhere that said you could only enter once so I hope since my first was a scrap booking page and my second a card that it's ok. If not then I guess you'll have to decide which cos I can't choose between em' LOL!

6 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Suezie, this is fabulous and it's nice to see that the rebel inside you left for just a little bit so you could redo your card.

You did however go a little crazy with the photos. One of these days I will figure out the picture taking thing too.

Rose said...

i love all the photos :) they are so hard to take!! ok your CAS is way better then mine girl, sherry needs to have a class just for us, eh? lol

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a darling card! I like the scalloped border you created using the WM stamps! That lil faux stitched flower makes a perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing along with the WMS challenge :)

anya said...

Ok. I *love* how you made your flower! And the little flower border! What a fantastic idea - thank you for the inspiration! Glad you could play along with the WMSC this week!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful job on this Suezie! I just love the way you've used the flowers in this set! so very creative and pretty! thanks for playing again with the WMS sketch this week!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I just {{heart}} this card!!! It's wonderful! I just got the stamps that the leaves are from (can't think of the name of it!) and can't wait to try to imitate your card!

Hugs!