Thursday, 1 July 2010

A Little Help & Inspiration

I am always up for helping anyone craft even if they just have a one off craft project in mind and today I helped my daughter's friend with wedding invites. She knew what colours she wanted and had a few things in mind so I basically just lent her my equipment and helped her achieve what she was looking for.

I dragged stamps, dies and all kinds of craft bits out to play with but this is what she settled on and felt confident she could make.




We were trying to get as much as possible from a single sheet of A4 card stock since she had offered to do these as her gift to the happy couple. We managed to get one square pocket card, a place card and an RSVP card from one sheet and then one little favour box from a second sheet. She didn't actually ask for the box but I couldn't resist sharing the 'how to'. It's way too easy and for a few more sheets of card stock and an extra bit of ribbon she could make the bride really happy and offer to do these as well.
She was pretty sure the bride would like these so all that's left now is for her to pick up supplies and book a day to come use my equipment. She just needs to cut out the hearts and emboss on the card front and the rest she can do at home with the use of some of my daughter's equipment. Mine is in too much constant use to part with it for more than an afternoon I'm afraid.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh honey so fab and nice to see a different colour!!
All i've made is purple invites this year and one lemon!! Glad you found a way to get the most out of the paper, it does save in the long run!!
Hugs Melly xxx