Saturday, 24 July 2010

Sharing The Love!

Today is a quick post (yeah right like I could do a quick anything!) but I wanted to 'share the love' with ya all. Hubby and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary tomorrow - seems like maybe 5 or 10 years gone by - but 30! - surely not 30! BUT IT IS!





I was super surprised this week to get some lovely hand made cards from some special people so I decided to share em' with ya.
These ones above were made by my BFF Jilly (left) and by Kay (right) and you might just notice hubby and I in the background. This shot was taken when we celebrated out 25th when we renewed our vows (always wanted to do that for 25th so we did).

Here's a better shot of Jilly's CAS card - love that pretty paper. Way to go Jilly! I was reliable informed by Rosina that 30 is pearl and in case you didn't know I love pearls! Don't imagine I'll be gettin any other than these mind you but that's fine.




I especially love how Jilly used the pretty paper inside and then she even created a pretty frame to add her message to on the inside. She such a sweetie. Love, love, love that girl!

Next up is Kay's card with the 'oh so pretty' white roses. I love the embossed cardstock she used for the '30' (have some myself and it's super pretty up close and for real) and I love that pretty heart pin too. Great job Kay and THANKS :-)
And finally I have an original by Chris! Remember that fab 'flag' card that was stamped so beautifully? Well Rosina comissioned Chris to make a card for my anniversary and this is it. Sorry the photos don't really do it justice - it was harder to photograph than I thought. It's all pearlised on pearlised and is beautifully stamped inside - stamping IS what Chris does so well after all. Chris used the teeniest little pearls on her punched lace - so delicate and so very pretty. Not sure how she even picked these up let alone managed to stick em on - they were seriously TINY!!!
I'm sure Mr Postie will be dropping a few more cards through my door today but none quite so lovely as these. Are ya feelin the love? Thanks for lettin me share :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Suezie ( and Dave). You kept quiet about that one didn't you last night. I would have sent a card if I had known. Have a lovely day.
x Love Tricia

Sherry Eckblad said...

Happy Anniversary my friend to you and your hubby. Enjoy your special day.

Rose said...

Happy Anniversary to you two :) the cards are beautiful !!

LindaD said...

Wow! Does the picture ever bring back a lot of memories. Was just a few years age we first met at the Boise, Idaho Airport. Cannot tell you how proud I am of you two.
Happy Thirtieth Anniversary!
Love, Sis