
Here's this week's sketch and below is my take on it. Oops! Sorry forgot to take the tag out first - imagine it's not in the picture OK?
One of the first things you might be noticing is that it's not a card at all. I know! I decided right at the beginning I didn't want a card but still wanted to use the basic sketch. I have been playing around for a while with the gift pocket from a paper sack idea as a possible project for the WM tea stamps (next WM workshop maybe?). My first one covered all of the sack so it lost something - this is my second attempt and I think leaving the turn over natural is much better.

Perhaps if I show you this shot you can see how the pocket comes about. I sooooo need to replace the needle in my machine - been doing lots of sewing now that I can and it shows. Since Mr Postie delivered new stamps yesterday (shame on me I've spent my class fee before I've gotten it but I HAD to!) I decided to quickly play with a couple and then put them away. I have a house to clean and other things to do - I just simply couldn't resist a quick play. I think maybe I work better under pressure anyways?
I discovered that the smallest flower from the 'rescue remedies' set fit very nicely inside the spotty circle border from the 'pic-nic patterns' although I'm sure Claire knew that already - she thinks of everything you know! Using red and blue inks I created the 'dotty' background paper. Then I used the thinner plaid borders to create the paper on the lower half.
I also discovered that the smallest flower from 'rescue remedies' when stamped along the edge of your cardstock 'hugging' each other as you stamp makes it easy to cut out a pretty scalloped border which matches your project accents perfectly.
See how it all co-ordinates! I could perhaps have taken a bit more time on this project but I didn't really have time to do it at all (nor do I have time to post but what the hay?).
I even used the scallop border idea on my matching tag. I have this nesty label set but I don't have the WM vintage labels 4 stamps so I had to make do. I will eventually get it - I just can't have em all no matter how much I want em!
I finally broke into my new twine - is it butcher or baker? Can't remember now. Anyhow I finally used it cos I wanted something light so as not to distract from my crocheted lace and stamped border detail. And lastly since they were already out I added those fabby black gems again. These have to be in my top 10 list of craft favourites this year.
This VERY final shot shows the pocket - well it ought to - my hand is shoved in it! I did that just so you could see LOL! You might also just be able to see the distressed paper. Real quick - I used a hay coloured ink on thin white card, then red & blue for my background, then trimmed it to size, then scrunched the dickens out of it and finally distressed it even more with brown ink. None of this was near as much work as it sounds.
All I have to do now is decide what to put in it. I will most likely put sweeties or a big cookie in a clear bag in it. I'm thinkin for the 'tea' workshop we could tie a t'bag (in a co-ordinating pocket of course) to dangle or tuck in beside the biccie.
OK I'm off the computer for the day. Back to work next week - just as well - my computer and I are spending far too much time with each other me thinks! A bit more routine in my life is a good thing.




11 comments:
Oh, really love this card! I didn't purchase that set, I may be rethinking that! Love the colors~
CindyB
Oh Suezie!!! This is wonderful, a fabby idea, beautifully done!
Oh I really like this and love that red and white butchers twine or whatever it is called.
This is so pretty! Its got such a great country home feel to it! Great job with the sketch!
♥♥♥Lea
What a fabulous card and layout - WOW! LOVE the yummy design and beautiful layers!
Hugs, Jennifer :)
This is really great SUezie... I especially love the checkered pattern. Waltzing Mouse... is this a brand?? I love it!
really love it... i love all the details you made... so precious!!
baci
what a fantastic idea to use a bag and yours turned out perfect :) big cookie sounds good to me!!
What a cute, cute design! love your little pocket Suezie! thanks for playing with WMS this week!
Beautiful card - I love it all, but especially the pocket idea and all the background stamping you did.
Such a great idea - love this!
Post a Comment