Saturday, 17 July 2010

A 'Super Talented' Lady!

I am sharing pictures of a fabulous card created by one 'super talented' lady called Chris. She is a stamper, a regular at some of the classes I teach for YTOC and a lovely lady besides.




She went to a lot of trouble to create this card especially for her grand-daughter Bethany's b'day. Her grand-daughter also shares her love of crafts so it's especially nice. In fact I have had both Chris and Bethany in one of my classes before and she's a super sweet girl that I just know is gonna follow in Nanny's footsteps and be super crafty.



This is the back view of the card which reveals something a little different along the spine.

This is what's revealed once you open the card. Isn't it simply STUNNING! It works on the same basis as a flag album but in a card - HOW COOL AN IDEA IS THAT? Chris was naturally proud of her card and so she should be - I was honoured that she shared it with me. Can you believe she says she is not a fan of 'grunge' techniques? She has grunged, sponged, inked and stamped this card up perfectly and her colour choice is absolutely fab!
AND as if that wasn't enough of a surprise - her gift is a fabby day out with her grand-daughter to the crafting event at Ali Pali in September! As you look through this card there are bits and pieces that highlight the day (like 'girls' only), the events planned (like London Eye as well as Ali Pali), her b'day (like her age in numerals as well as b'day wishes & swirls) and lots of other fab things. You find you want to look at it again and again to take it all in.
All this talent and she was taking MY class today! I think maybe she should teach this so I can be in HER class! - seriously - I'd pay good money to make something like this!
WELL DONE CHRIS! I hope you two girlys had an ab fab day and 'happy b'day Bethany!

1 comment:

Rose said...

this is awesome!! love the double decker bus stamp :)