Monday, 12 July 2010

Project Tuesday 13 July

Tuesday just keeps rollin around guys (frightening how the weeks fly by huh?) and this week's host is Jennifer. She challenged us to create an easel card this week. These cards are such fun and it's been a while since I last made one so I really enjoyed re-visiting this technique. You can find instructions listed over at Project Tuesday.





I needed a b'day card for my BFF Jilly who is celebrating (40 something years) on Wednesday. I decided to double up and make my easel card with her b'day in mind.



The sewing machine was out (I'm so happy I can now sew again without any problems) and I have been in a sewing mood so I used it on almost everything inside and out. I had BoBunny papers already out on the desktop from a previous project so I decided to go with the bright and colourful look. This is a shot of the front of the card lying flat and below is one of the card open.
See how the easel technique looks from the side on. The front panel is mounted to a fold and then a raised embellishment on the inside base keeps it propped nicely in place once it's open. This is such a fun idea for a card. You can just about make out the decorated panels inside the card from this shot too.
I didn't have a stamp that had the sentiment I was looking for so I used my trusty computer. I first typed and printed my text on a scrap piece of paper. Then I cut the frame from my BoBunny paper and adhered it over the text so it was just about centred. Then I put the sheet of paper back in the printer and re-printed. Who's to know I didn't stamp it?
I cut my flowers from the paper and then used a black pen on green paper to create the leaves before cutting them out. Finally I added those lovely black gems to the centre of my flowers. I just love these gems so I use them a lot. If I get time today I may decorate up a gift bag for Jilly's pressie (if not then I have some bright pink wrap somewhere).
Now why not stop by the PT blog and see what the other DT gals came up with for even more inspiration and then have a go yourself. Happy crafting!

8 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Suezie, this is so BRIGHT! Love the papers and the flowers you fussy cut. Your friend is going to love it.

Karen Wilson said...

Wow! Love the colors!! I'm nervous about the whole sewing technique. Do you use an actual machine?? It looks so nice!

Mrs B said...

Oh, really pretty! I love the bright colors!
CindyB

Jean Addis said...

So cheery and pretty...especially with all your wonderful details.

KimS said...

What a happy and colorful b-day card!!! I love it and so will your friend!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

What a fun and bright design, I just LOVE the pretty detail and beautiful paper! Great design Suzie!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Sarah Gough said...

Love it! So bright and cheerful, this would make anyone's day!

Rose said...

such a FUN card she is sure to love it :)