Today was Jilly's b'day and her daughter had planned a surprise day out. Since I haven't really been anywhere much during my recovery she invited me to tag along. Jilly was kept in the dark about where we were going though. We took her a short drive to the coast and despite being overcast the weather was surprisingly hot. I have the sunburn to prove it!
We all adore beach huts so the girls couldn't resist posing for a picture in front of one (good job the owners weren't home).
Natasha had planned a short ferry trip and thankfully it was running today.

Having said that the day didn't quite go without any glitches cos we parked in the car park furthest away from the quay and had quite a trek to get to it - but there were some pretty views along the way and I appreciated the exercise after being cooped up indoors for so long. I need to know I can cope with long walks.
When I say the trip was short - it was short - maybe 10 minutes tops! Plus the ferry was the smallest ferry I've ever seen. As it came up to the jetty we couldn't resist taking a photo and as soon as the skipper saw us he posed!
As it turns out Jilly gets a tad bit queasy on boats but she did real well. I managed to get a couple of nice 'natural' shots of her.
I just love how these photos turned out and I'm thinkin I could do her a real nice collage of them all to remember the day by. Something tells me she won't forget the day in a hurry. After taking her across in the ferry we discovered the place we had planned to have tea and cake at was closed on Wednesdays so we had another long walk back to the jetty to catch the ferry back again!
By the time we got back to the other side we were all starving hungry and super thirsty. We had been expecting a cream tea remember so we hadn't eaten much by way of breakfast. We could go no further without something to keep us going so we stopped at the ferry cafe.
We decided it was time Jilly had her pressies and she was thrilled with everything. I managed to snap this lovely shot of 'mother and daughter'. Natasha's gift was a holiday for the two of them in September so she was really surprised!
Despite a few glitches Jilly made our day by declaring it the best way to spend a day 'with her two favourite girls'. How sweet is she? I felt honoured to have been included in such a special day. I have many fun and fond memories of Jilly and this one is defintely getting added to the collection!
Oh and if you're wondering why there are no shots of me? They're on Natasha's camera!







2 comments:
What a fun way to spend your friends birthday. I loved seeing all the photos of your day. What is a Cream Tea?
A photo collage or even a mini scrapbook would be fun to make your friend.
Suezie, I'm so glad you have Jilly in your life. I feel the same way about Donna. Someone to share the good times and bad, tears & laughs, complain and know it will go no further. Good friends are very precious. Please give Jill & Natasha my love.
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment