Sunday, 16 May 2010

Project Tuesday 18 May

Ok so I'm posting this a little bit early but hopefully I've managed to squeeze in one more challenge before my hospital stay. This week was all about a book mark card and since Jilly had kindly given me a care package for hospital I needed a thank you. I doubled up and used this week's project for both.





This card is a variation on the crafting Jilly and I did on Friday. I chose to use PTI stamps again - this time from 'Women of Life' which I don't think I've EVER used and the sentiment from 'Floral Frenzy' - again another set I have NEVER used. I simply don't get the time to stamp like I want to. Thank goodness for DT projects or I'd never get them out!


That is one of my own challenges while I am recovering - to use more stamps. Several nice gentle crafting sessions just playing with stamps (and I plan to invite Jilly to join me) should be just what the doctor ordered.


I used all the same elements from the earlier cards I shared.




Besides being a different orientation I also had an extra piece which when opened reveals a book mark. I have never made one of these cards before but I love that the recipient gets a gift as well as a card - and all conveniently in the one envelope!


I based the book mark loosely on the card but added white dots to the centre of the flowers instead of gems. I didn't want anything bulky on it and besides it wouldn't have looked as nice if any of the gems came off due to wear and tear.


I was given several books on loan for some good reading by a colleague at work. I think this might be a perfect kind of thank you card when I return them - very appropriate don't ya think?


Follow the pink logo link to take you to Project Tuesday where you can see the other DT efforts and be inspired. Hopefully you'll play along too. While I may miss a week or two I look forward to catching up on them all when I get back home. I definately want to do next week's challenge even if it is a week or two behind.


Right now I'm feeling well relaxed and pretty good about everything. All good thoughts and prayers are still very much gratefully received though. Hopefully next time I post it'll be a done deal!

6 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is the perfect thank you. So elegant looking. Good luck with everything and sending prayers and fast recovery thoughts your way!!!!!

Jean Addis said...

Very pretty card and bookmark. I'm so glad you're relaxed and ready for your surgery. I will pray for a speedy recovery. Take care.

KimS said...

Love everything about this!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and wishing you a super fast recovery!!!!

Mrs B said...

I love this stamp set! Your card is sooooo pretty!
CindyB

Rose said...

beautiful card girl your friend is sure to love it :)

Sarah Gough said...

This is so pretty - I love the bookmark sentiment especially! Hope you're feeling well today!