This week was all about altering a tin. I LOVE to alter projects and I have an ever growing collection of tins, boxes, bags - just about ANYTHING I think I might want to alter some day. My only dilema was which item to choose! In the end I kept it simple and opted for a square tin.
I think I like these best because they have such a large surface area on top - kinda like a big blank canvas which provides plenty of room to decorate and embellish. The last time I did a square tin I added a square card making kit inside and all the handmade embellishments to make cards to match. This one is much deeper so I may have to get my thinking cap on about what I fill it with.

I used the same cotton lace as my last project only in a burgundy red colour. As soon as I saw this lace I bought some in every colour and I knew this colour would be lovely on a project - I just didn't expect to be using it quite so soon. I added it all the way around the sides too.
I think this one is probably gonna go to my bestest friend Jilly at some point and I know she'll be thrilled.
You can play along this week here and when you do I hope you'll take a minute and link so I can see it. I love seeing what everyone comes up with each week - it's so much fun. Happy crafting!

6 comments:
Your friend will love this. I don't know why I didn't think of altering a square tin. I was digging through my stash looking for something round and tall and of course not finding it. As you can see I did not do this weeks project.
Very pretty!!!! Love the sentiment...I might have to lift it:)
your friend will be thrilled to receive this beautiful tin!!! :)
Gorgeous! I love that trim too - I would have bought some in every colour as well lol
Oh, so cute! I love the embelishments you added! I'm sure your friend will just love this!
CindyB
This is beautiful!! I didn't get a chance to do this week's project, but I think I may have to over the wknd!!
Happy birthday to your daughter and have fun at her BBQ!
Post a Comment