I purchased the tin which came complete with the light blue circles all concertina'd inside. All I had to do was pick a theme and add papers, text and embellishments to turn it in to an album.

I used my computer to print off something I found that seemed to sum up being a mum beautifully. I split it into sections to make it fit and also to stretch it out so a piece appeared on each page.
It said things like 'before I was a mum I ate hot meals (my daughter learn't to eat cold food as she fed the kids and ate inbetween), I had unstained clothes, I had quiet conversations on the phone'.

It carried on with more like 'before I was a mum I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot the words to lullabies. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunisations'.
Then there was 'before I was a mum I had never been puked on, pooped on, spit on, chewed on, pee'd on, or pinched by tiny fingers'. I really liked that one - ALL of it very true!

Then besides the funny sayings there were also some very heart warming ones too like 'I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew how much I would love being a mum'. What mother among us couldn't relate to that one?

I finished it off with a photo of mummy's three munchkins which I printed in sepia tones to fit with my colour scheme. I wish I could remember where I found the text (and what font I used too) but it was a few years back. I may run across it again one day but I'm very glad I did find it just when I needed something.
I have another one of these tins which might just be perfect for a baby project. We have two gals at work who are both due to become grandmothers around the same time this year. One has asked me to make a few special things and it would be fun to do another one for a new mum.
I took the time to decorate the back of the tin too and added the date. It will be nice to look back on this many years from now especially since I added a photo of the kids that was taken that year.
When I made this it was pre-Nestabilities days for me. Thank goodness for Creative Memories cutting system. How else would I have cut so many circles so perfectly? I still have this system in my craft room and I still get it out every now and then so I wouldn't be without it - Nesties or no Nesties!

No comments:
Post a Comment