I spent today with my friend Amanda at her store on the US air base. I didn't get too many samples done today but it was a real nice change of scenery and since I ride in her car there and back it's also a real nice chance for us to catch up a bit too. She spoilt me with goodies, which she doesn't need to do but they're all very yummy so I'm not exactly gonna turned them down now am I? She is a real sweetie but I'm definately buying the Baskin Robbins next time for sure.
Maybe I'll have a smaller one next time too (pralines & cream - yum) since I can't face dinner now - I'm way too full!
This was the first card I made today and I think it was one of my favourites. I could do this card again and again. It's simple, non-fussy and pretty. I used the new labels die set from Nestabilities that I am keen to play some more with. We thought if you turned it up the other way and punched a hole on either end it would make a great label on a jar or one of the clear paint cans. I checked my e-mails tonight and saw even more uses for it. And to think I wasn't too keen when I first saw it!
The next two cards use nestabilities as well since I was demonstrating using them. I used the nested flower which I love cos it's kinda funky looking and also the scallop and plain circles on this one. I sure wish I'd seen that my music on the flowers was the wrong way around though - aarrrggghhhhh!!!

I used a Sizzix Hello Kitty flower die for the base of this one, then the nested flower on top, then a blossom die on top and finished with a large button and some adhesive beads. I still like the first card best even though it doesn't have a flower at all.
Well I am off to Waltzing Mouse to check out the new release stamps and take Claire up on her free postage deal before I call it a day. It has been a very long one and I got suddenly tired towards the end of it. Thankfully I don't have to clean house tomorrow. My darling hubby washed the kitchen floor, hoovered, tidied the sitting room and even did laundry BLESS HIM!
In fact he did so much housework he didn't even make it to the allotment today. How sweet is he? Think maybe I'll keep him a while yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment