Sunday, 9 May 2010

New Stamps!

These days I don't get to spend so much money on craft goodies. Dave and I have always supported our church financially but when we decided to increase our tithe a few years back we knew it would mean making several financial sacrifices. It was a 'jumping in with both feet' fully committed moment for us. That being said I can still be creative enough to earn a little extra to treat myself now and then. I teach a class or sell a few handmade cards - plus since the girls are always telling me I'm hard to buy for they have now started giving me money for birthdays, Christmas etc. so I can buy just what I want. I am allergic to flowers and perfume bothers my nose, I'm a fussy vegetarian, I don't drink or smoke, don't usually wear make up and seldom buy new clothes. I know what I like and like what I know so it's actually easier all round.

I squeezed a couple of classes in before I go under the knife (only 7 sleeps!) and have to step back from some activities while I recover. What better way to spend a bit of the money than on some of the newest Waltzing Mouse Stamps. I feel as though I haven't treated myself to any of these in ages and when I saw the latest release I knew I just HAD to have some of them if I could.

This was what greeted me when I got home on Friday. Four lovely sets of WM stamps! It should've been 5 but I forgot to order the set that makes the plaid background. It's first on my list next time around though.


I ordered the two sets all about tea. Since I don't do soda pop, squash or sweet drinks, I am a tea lover - I like mine to have a 'healthy tan' colour and be steaming hot and I prefer a bone china cup if I can get it - I swear it makes the tea taste better! I never drink to the bottom of the cup either - I think this goes back to my childhood when loose tea leaves were used. They were always floating at the bottom of the cup and I hated getting any in my mouth.
I adore these sets and have a head full of ideas. I've already decided Maddy is having a 'tea party' b'day theme next year just so I can use the stamp that says 'wear your best dress and pretty pearls we are having a tea party just for the girls!' How cute would that be for a bunch of 6 year olds?


I also ordered the set that goes with the labels 10 nestie dies. I wasn't too taken with this set of dies when I first saw it but it's really growing on me and these stamps make it quite special. Claire really does think of EVERYTHING.
And then I ordered the 'words of wisdom' set - a. because it's nice to have text as well as sentiments for cards and b. because there was a nice mixture of sayings and quotes including some about faith.

Despite getting these on Friday I haven't had an opportunity to play with them yet. I have had a laid back kind of weekend and given myself some much needed rest. It's important for me to keep well right now and despite still being a bit tired I am feeling much better than I have been. I have only 3 days at work this next week and then some more rest and a chance to get a few things done before D-Day. I watched the entire CD collection of the BBC Pride & Prejudice on Saturday - took most of the day to do it but that's my idea of rest! I lurve a good period drama and who can resist Colin Firth as Mr Darcy!
Anyhow I finally managed to get them into CD cases this evening. Many of you know I store my nestabilities in CD cases and then store the cases in lidded CD boxes which look nice sitting on shelves. Well ever since my first set of PTI stamps (which come in cases) I have used blank CD cases for all my other cling stamps too.




Claire packs so many stamps into each set that I always think they won't all fit but with a little jigging about they eventually do - JUST! I now have a growing collection of WM stamps (I often choose them over PTI these days) so it's now time to get them a box of their own. It's surprising how many cases you can pack into a box.
I'm hoping when I'm fully recovered that Amanda and I can discuss doing some kind of workshop around WM stamps and Nestabilities. After all I'm gonna have to keep being creative to get more of Claire's fab stamps aren't I? By hook or by crook I am determined to introduce other crafters to these lovely stamps so watch this space!

No comments: