Firstly I got a shared package from my sister-in-love Linda which had get well wishes for me and b'day wishes for my hubby. His b'day was just 2 days after my op. She also sent yummy treats - beef jerky for him which he adores! and yummy tootsie rolls for me - how sweet was that? Thanks soooooo much Linda. I have already hidden our treats up since Jess is staying here right now and Vicky is visiting tomorrow. If the girls find out we have these in the house we'll be lucky to get even a mouthful! Shame on us I know but sometimes you just have to do these things.
The second package arrived this morning. Jessika made a paper bag album with me earlier this week and loved the album idea so much that we shopped on line for supplies. This is what I saw when I opened up the box.
Jessika had treated me to a few more papers from Teresa Collins 'bon appetit' range and 'haute cuisine' range so that I could finish my recipe album and maybe even create another one.

Then we discovered this fab 'American country' style range from Shabby Green Door called 'Farmer's Market'. She got me several sheets of all the designs and co-ordinating stickers to help keep me occupied when I feel up to crafting while I recover. Right now I can't do any one thing for too long but I can potter about with these when I do feel like it. How cool is that?
She also got some of the butcher's twine (think that's what it's called) that I have been seeing on lots of US blogs lately. I have been desperate to get my hands on some but didn't know how? Plus she got me a few clear stamps in the same range so I could make as many multiples of tags and embellishments as I want. She's so thoughtful and kind. Although we don't see her near as much as we'd like she's very good to us when she does come visit. I must try to surprise her with a goody package when she least expects it huh? I love to plan packages (and mom I haven't forgotten I have one that needs sending to you).

And just in case you're wondering - she didn't forget herself. She ordered a few Teresa Collins papers too plus these cute Halloween papers from My Mind's Eye from the 'Boo to You' range and a few ribbons and things as well.
She has a Hobbycraft not more than 5 minutes walk from her home in Northampton so she already loves shopping for craft supplies, but when she's here she always shops somewhere different so she can find things she can't get at home. She really looks forward to it and shopped at YTOC yesterday for even more. I looked in her bag this morning and discovered the cutest stamps she picked up there. I am hoping I'll get time to stamp a few out for me before she takes them home.
For now I am gonna take a break from the computer for a short while and then make up a couple of CDs full of templates and things that I have sourced from the net for her. Hopefully it'll give her lots of resources and ideas for projects to make using all her latest goodies. I know she'll get back to work and get super busy but when she does craft she likes to make a day of it.
While she's been staying she's copied lots of old family photographs so she's keen to make more paper bag albums. I can't wait to make up mine!


2 comments:
oh how fun!!! glad your feeling better and can craft :) mom is here and all is going well so far.
WOW Suszie, look at all those goodies ~ Enjoy!!
Have a fun week, Jennifer :)
Post a Comment