Sunday, 23 May 2010

Tea Update

Nothing spectacular today - just sharing the mini matching card to go with my box from yesterday. There is real potential to create some fabulous cards with these stamps but I am still only crafting in very small doses so I made an exact replica to match my box keeping it quick and simple. Give me another week of recovery and then we'll see.



Mom gave me a couple of pretty cups and saucers and I have plans to add scented candles in the cups and decorate the handles with ribbon and flowers. I saw this idea in a 'Crafts 'n' Things' magazine back in the 80's and have never forgotten it. Coupled with a pretty 'tea' themed card wouldn't they make loveliest hostess gifts? I'll let you know how I get on and will post the finished project when I do it.

We have had some beautiful weather the last few days and Dave kindly cleaned up the back yard for me. Over the next few weeks I can begin to invite friends for 'tea' (and cake) in the garden so we can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. I can see that pretty Cath Kidston bunting coming back out of the cupboard - yay! I love when I can put that up.
Dave arrived home from the allotment one day this week to see this beautiful fucshia plant outside the door. It was a 'get well' pressie from the girls at work. I am guessing I was laying down or they didn't knock! I don't have one of these so I'm thrilled. Already they're starting to open up and will add a beautiful splash of colour to enjoy looking at over the coming weeks. I am already enjoying watching the pretty birds that have a nesting box just over the neighbours fence. They love the tree just beyond our flint wall which affords an amazing view of them but they noisily remind me I am in their territory each time I step outside! Since we don't use outside much and are usually both at work I guess we will just have to get used to each other.
My new lavender will also go outside and maybe we can pick up another plant of two in a few weeks time. Today though I have promised to go sit down at the allotment for an hour or so to give hubby some company as he plants out the last few veggies. He's keen to show off his handywork this week and I have a good book to take with me so it'll make for a nice change. He kept me company as I watched the whole first DVD of the BBC's Cranford series (lurve a period drama) so I guess it's only fair. I wont put him through the second DVD today. I'll keep that pleasure for Jessika next week!

No comments: