Sunday, 16 May 2010

Good Company, Good Food and Some Craft Fun

On Friday I invited Jilly for lunch and some crafting. I made cupcakes especially for the occasion and we ended up cooking lunch together which was real nice.

Jilly was sweet enough to bring me a 'care package' full of useful things for me to take into hospital on Monday. She is such a thoughtful friend and I am truly blessed to have had her friendship for well over 30 years nows - GOSH it's been that long! It must be love - how else would she have put up with me that long. My hubby's only known me 31 years but he's stuck with me. Jilly sticks with me by choice (and I'm soooooo glad she does).



We had some fun with PTI stamps and made some quick and simple cards. I used a couple of sets here plus a MS border punch, some flat backed black gems and pearls, scraps of lace and ribbon, a bit of sewing and not much else.


I need a thank you card to give to the nursing staff when I come home so I made the red one for that. I'll have Dave make some muesli bars or something for them as well - real energy boosting and all natural - I'm sure they'll appreciate them.

There were no two papers the same as I just grabbed my scrap box and we picked out any papers we thought might work well. Such a variety of colours and patterns.
We had a lovely day together and it's been a little while since we last did this. I was supposeed to be having a few days to relax and this was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments: