Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Update on Mum

Dave and I visited with mum yesterday and she is extremely tired but doing well considering what she had been through. She was just 4 days post-op and was still full of tubes and things. She was in a room where her window overlooked a pond although she still found it a bit difficult to sit for long. She is 73 and has just undergone major heart surgery so it's only to be expected plus she had been ill and subsequently become very weak prior to surgery.




I thought maybe I could share a snapshot I took from her window. I would've loved to take a photo even if only to document what she had gone through but I was certain she wouldn't let me and I would never have shared it here on the blog.

On a brighter note I stopped in to see her briefly this morning - Dave and I were headed out for the day for some shopping and lunch. She'd had help to have a bath and wash her hair and was sitting in the chair, legs propped up, tucked in with a blanket, drinking a cup of tea and looking the best I've seen her for some time. She will hopefully get better with each day that passes and will eventually be that 'new woman' the doctors keep promising but her recovery is just going to take time.

No comments: