I am sharing a couple of pictures although I know she won't like her photo any more than I like mine. The nice thing about having a best friend from school is that we are 'aging gracefully' together. That basically means she has the same aches and pains that I do, same grey hair appearing, changed appearance etc. It's actually quite nice to have someone special to share all that kind of stuff with. Anyhow here we are in all our crafting glory!

OK let's get my shot out of the way first. I took one of Jilly and she decided it was only fair if she took mine - thanks Jilly!

Here she is just cutting away at one of the candy canes so she could piece it back together all layered up. I am not a huge fan of decoupage on cards - the decoupaged scraps on an old trunk kind (that I did several years ago) maybe but not on cards. However this kind of stamping, cutting out, piecing and layering back up was so therapeutic! You could totally de-stress creating several of these images.

That is of course as long as you don't let the mess you make in the process stress you back out again! If my house is tidy - great - if not then I don't fret so much about it these days - it's lived in and comfortable which in my opinion is just how a home should be.
I absolutely adore holly so I am completely drawn to the holly leaf stamp right now and have decided to go with a 'holly' theme this year. I have both holly and ivy growing in the back yard so I will most likely bring some of the real thing inside as well. If I get time I will make the wreath that I learn't how to do last Christmas which serves as a beautiful table decoration too.

Since I was stamping leaves on this green and cream gingham paper I decided to see what they'd look like in a paper crafted wreath. It's kinda cute and will add to the 'homespun' or 'folk art' feel I'm hoping for. 
I simply cut a ring from card stock and layered leaves flat to cover the base. Then I layered the smaller inner leaf on top of the larger 3D style, paired them up on cardstock, cut them out and 3D layered them on the wreath base overlapping the other leaves. It's hard to see full on but it has some really nice dimension to it. I added buttons , which I have now run out of - aaagghhhh! Then I added a sentiment from my earlier set in the centre for an extra touch. I would've preferred a more 'country' style ribbon but I didn't have any so I may just have to go shopping next week. 
I was inspired by this paper crafted ornament I made and fell in love with - and I even had a go at making a garland. 
I only have about 6 or 7 strung together right now and I couldn't figure out the best way to shoot it so here is just a snippet. I tied it together with cord and then added ribbon knots over that. What's nice is that I can make it as long or as short as I want depending on where I put it up.

I simply cut a ring from card stock and layered leaves flat to cover the base. Then I layered the smaller inner leaf on top of the larger 3D style, paired them up on cardstock, cut them out and 3D layered them on the wreath base overlapping the other leaves. It's hard to see full on but it has some really nice dimension to it. I added buttons , which I have now run out of - aaagghhhh! Then I added a sentiment from my earlier set in the centre for an extra touch. I would've preferred a more 'country' style ribbon but I didn't have any so I may just have to go shopping next week.

I was inspired by this paper crafted ornament I made and fell in love with - and I even had a go at making a garland.

I only have about 6 or 7 strung together right now and I couldn't figure out the best way to shoot it so here is just a snippet. I tied it together with cord and then added ribbon knots over that. What's nice is that I can make it as long or as short as I want depending on where I put it up.
I still have several cards, a decorated bag and even some cute table box ideas rambling around in my head so I don't think I'm finished with this stamp set just yet. And as if THAT wasn't enough I've remembered that my mother has some vintage cream and green woven style gingham fabric so NOW I'm picturing these holly leaves on a tree skirt (always wanted to make myself one) and goodness knows where that will lead me. I am in a total 'holly daze' right now!
I had set my heart on making Maddy a rag quilt during my week off cos I'd really like to try making one but there just may not be enough hours in the day!!!
Right now it's good to have things to occupy my hands AND my mind as mum goes under the knife tomorrow. Thanks to those of you who are keeping her in thoughts and prayers. This time tomorrow we should know if everything went well.
2 comments:
My Jaw is on the floor Suezie!! that wreath is incredible!!!! and yep I know what you mean! thankfully I have such a buddy!!
Great Work, you are tempting me over there and I am an Stampin Up Girl!!!!
Post a Comment