Of course I also used my trusty 'big shot'. I may one day graduate up to a Cricut - who knows? - maybe I need to do a few classes using it so I can have a real good play with it too but for now I'm having fun using these machines. You can always look to 'bigger' but it doesn't always equate to 'better' besides I'd miss my nesties way too much to ditch my big shot. Guess I'm just talkin myself outta that one!
Boy I waffle sometimes don't I?

I'm sharing this card first cos it's my favourite. I love the little 'wifey' tag, the Cosmo Cricket papers, the colours, the 'dotty' thread running through it and even the stitched lines - I added my own 'faux' stitches to the background but it doesn't show in the photo. The pearls were probably the wrong colour but you only have a limited supply when demoing so you make do sometimes. I am planning to recreate this card for my hubby cos I love that it's tall and slimline - and I'd quite like it to adorn a shelf in the house this Christmas too. I rarely wear it but red is my absolutely favourite colour.

Again I just love CC papers and have done loads with these ones this year. I think I just love the retro feel to them and the lovely mix of pinks, creams and pale greens with the more vibrant reds and greens.

This one features Bo Buny papers in red and green. The idea was to show off the embossing so anything else I used was up to me. I thought these 'faux brads' by Craftworks were cute for the holly berries and they added to the 'dotty' embossed background really well. Just noticed my ribbon is upside down - oops! I threw all of 4 pieces of ribbon in my craft bag so I was limited to say the least.

Then I decided to do a simple background card and this was it. Mix up the background colours and change the embellishments and you have super simple, super quick cards. Those of you who know me will also know I struggle with 'clean & simple' but I could do this one just fine.

I made an altered clipboard for Amanda to use in the shop which led to this card. Again clean and simple and very do-able but I desperately need 'cream' coloured pearls for these projects and I had only grabbed white - aaagggghhhhhh!

In principal another quickie but I'm not even sure why I'm sharing this one. The flowers look a bit like eyes - and they look at YOU! Would anyone have noted that if I didn't point it out? It was simply a bit of fun to demonstrate embossing die-cut shapes and then using ink to highlight the embossing. See- THAT'S why I'm sharing it - I knew there was a reason (yeah right).

I only started playing with these nestabilites flowers because Amanda gave me a clipboard to cover for use in the new shop. I was just about to layer things up and get REALLY creative when she told me she needed it flat. It will be used to hold the sign in sheets for customers so it will be mostly covered up - shame.

In view of that I stopped there and kept it 'clean and simple' but I have always wanted to teach a class on an altered clipboard so I could really have gone to town and added ribbons, lace, scallops, text and 3D embellishments.
Amanda if you're reading this maybe we can put this on the class list for next year? I KNOW you have the clipboards so I'd love to put them to good use. Having said that I have several here at home that I could play with. I wonder if Jess would like to do a clipboard with me - hhhmmmm? I could use a Christmas 'TO DO' list and I know just what stamps would look help me embellish it.
Claire if you're reading this - I'm not done with your fab stamps just yet. I'm gettin excited just thinkin about doing one!
I have one more project to share but I'm posting it seperately. Talk about a marathon of posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment