Jessica arrived home on Thursday evening and it was an early start Friday morning. It was a mad dash to one hospital to see Grandma and then another mad dash to a different hospital for a second attempt for Jess to have her wisdom teeth removed. Apparently even under local anaesthetic Jess fought the dentist so much she couldn't remove her teeth. She is now going to have to go through a further appointment and be put completely under!
As with all of Jess' visits home she was bearing craft gifts for her mummy (love that she's a fellow crafter).


Saturday was a busy day too because I was teaching crafts to a lovely group of ladies at St Peter's church. I had been given some supplies and was asked some time ago to teach a session. I chose a simple card that allowed both complete beginners and more advanced crafters to produce a cute card. It also allowed me to demonstrate many basic techniques and share lots of tips and ideas. The project included adding a liner and creating a handmade square envelope as well. I'm not sure what they were more impressed with - the fact they made a card - many for the first time ever - or the envelope idea!

The session started with prayer and a bible reading and ended with prayer which was a real blessing. I had a great day and felt truly blessed to be a part of it. To top it off I was surprised when I was presented with a lovely plant and what I thought was a thank you card. Later when I opened it I discovered it was a gift voucher for my favourite craft store. How lovely was that? - I will be stopping by after work one day next week to spend it - lucky me!

After coffee in town with Jess, friends and Vicky and the grandkiddies I went home to get a bit more sewing done. I am working on those lovely appliqued patchwork flowers again but I still have a good deal more to do before I'm finished with the projects I'm making and then I still have aprons to do.

Today (Sunday) Dave took Jess back home plus another mad dash to mum's hospital with more clean clothing. I stayed home this trip as Vicky came to finish off the cards for her bible study group ladies. She is not usually a crafter so it was nice to spend time helping her make these simple card sets. She got as far as wrapping each set but still has to dress up these sets with ribbon or twine and tags. I have promised to show her how to make handcrafted gift bags next time and she plans to decorate up some choccie bars to put in the bags along with these cards.
Isn't Christmas a lovely excuse to create hand made gifts for giving.

To keep things within her budget - which is pretty much nothing - she raided my scrap baskets and managed to find some really different colour combinations. Each set has 4 cards in 2 different paper combinations and a different scripture on each. She did a really good job and I know the gals will not be expecting these so they're gonna be thrilled.
This afternoon I have been doing a bit more sewing and will still be sewing this evening too. I'd much rather be stamping but I have gifts that have to be made while my energy is good and I am on a roll.
Back to work tomorrow so it's gonna get harder to get last minute Christmas projects completed - WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?
No comments:
Post a Comment