Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Favourite Photos

I am still desperately searching for the photo shoot CD with pictures of my daughters so I can get them made up in different colours for a scrapbook page I made recently. While I was trawling through endless CDs full of photos I ran across one marked 'favourite photos' which seemed to have everything except the photos I was looking for!


It did however have these ones of the boys so I thought maybe I'd share them.



My mother was given this hat by a friend but it wasn't suitable for her so she gave it to me for the boys to 'play' with. As soon as they saw it they wanted to try it on and I managed to grab some cute shots of them both. This one above is of Kaleb and the one below is of Zacheriah.



I forget how old they were in these shots but I'm guessing Kaleb couldn't be more than 3 or 4 which would make Zach 5 or 6.


These ones were taken on a beautifully sunny day on the Ely river. We took all three kids (Madyson was a baby) on an impromptu day out and ended up on a river boat tour after the boys had wandered up and down the river watching all the other boats.


I especially love this shot for so many reasons. I love that it's taken from behind, love that they're in these longer denim shorts and baseball caps, love the colours, love that they're climbing on the fence to see more boats come under the bridge and that a moment in time has been perfectly captured. I love when we spend time with the kids creating memories for them to treasure. It brings great comfort because I know some day when we are no longer around 'in the physical' they will have a whole heart full of these memories to help remember us by.

I have a display scripture album as an ongoing project so I created a page using this photo with a verse from Matthew 24:42 'therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come'.

Despite their excitement at seeing the boats, ducks and anything else that floated by they were patiently waiting and watching so I thought it was a perfect verse.

No comments: