Anyhow today I got to play with a brand new toy - the new 'texture boutique' embossing machine from Sizzix and I was surprisingly impressed! It shaped like a purse and is soooo cute!

I had only used this machine once so that I would know 'how' to use it on the day. While I can emboss on my Big Shot machine I have to say that the depth and detail is far better with one of these. It's so reasonably priced at £24.99 that it easily makes an affordable companion for the Big Shot too. Am I talkin you into one or myself here?

I must confess I had started the basic background of this card whilst demonstrating in Norwich a while back but I never got time to finish it. I grabbed it and took it along in the hope I could do something more and finish it. I just lurve the green snowflake paper by Cosmo Cricket - what a refreshing change the colour scheme is. I liked it so much I added pretty much everything else in shades of green too. I didn't have green ink to hand or I would've used that too.
What made me fall totally 'head over heels' for the new machine was the 'dotty' embossing folder - I simply adore anything with dots or is it spots? - you know what I mean. I like the embossed look but I have to say I think I much prefer mixing it up with designer papers best.
I started to play around with my nestabilities and other dies and while this is just a layered heart - it did eventually become a hanging heart basket but I forgot to photograph it.

After the demo session I hung around and crafted with Rosina and Kay and had such a good time. I get so used to feelin tired and poorly these days that I almost forget how 'good' feels. I came home all inspired to make a card to go with the basket. I'd love to teach a class if there's enough interest, especialy if it just happens to be a daytime class too. I seldom get to do a class during the day cos I'm at work.
I was hoping today was gonna be even better when I got home but my Waltzing Mouse stamps hadn't arrived - darn! I did add Claire's new blinkie to my blog this morning so that was cool - go check it out. I'm not too disappointed as I'm home Monday and Tuesday so I'm sure I'll get them in time to play with them while I'm off work.
Right now Dave is cooking jacket spuds so he can go stand in the middle of a field in Thurston with a bunch of kids from the church youth group. They get to eat spuds, drink hot chocolate and watch a firework display. His boss has kindly donated use of one of his fields and a HUGE marquee for the evening. I am bagging at least one of the spuds so I don't have to cook dinner tonight - I love jacket spuds, baked beans, cheese and side salad - one of my favourite vegetarian meals.
I think I still have enough energy left to make my card and maybe even to tackle that other class project that I keep tryin to get to. I'm also hoping this will last into tomorrow too cos I can think of a few more things I'd like to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment