Dave and I spent an afternoon at Risby Barn looking at antiques and collectables which we both love to do. On our way through the village we noticed another antique fair and while there I spotted this beauty (though I think Dave would've been equally happy if I'd have overlooked it). Better still when the seller offered me her best price and then knocked a couple of quid off that after I hesitated I think we both knew I wasn't going home without it.
The photo barely does it justice. It really is a lot bigger than it looks.
I don't usually buy pink but this one had my name on it and I was captivated by the gorgeous swirls and mix of frosted and clear pink glass.
This is a shot from the top. I also love that the edge follows the swirl detail and is scalloped rather than smooth round.
Heck - it's almost a shame to put anything on it and cover up all the lovely detail. I have absolutely NO idea where I'm storing yet another cake stand but I will make room for it. I can feel an afternoon tea coming on so I will be baking a cake and calling Jilly some time real soon.
I also have a feeling Vic is gonna want this one or at least try to borrow it (and maybe forget to return it). I might be a bit possesive until I've had a chance to use it first.
I think maybe my next post has to be a crafting one. Hopefully I can get something nice made for posting tomorrow.
1 comment:
The cake plate is very pretty but if you keep collecting them you're going to end up eating off them be-cause there won't be room in the cupboard for your regular plates.
Love You
Post a Comment