I knew I had seen similar project on Alli Miles site - check it out here http://allistamps.blogspot.com/2008/04/garden-of-life-5.html and had always admired it intending to have a go myself at some point especially since I had the 'Garden of Life' PTI stamp set.
This is my version using one of the frames I purchased at the car boot sale this weekend. It only has 4 squares so there was much less work involved compared to her project.
Because my frames were 4 squares long it was hard to get everything in the shot so I took a close up photo showing partial detail. I decided on using 2 shades of the same colour ink and added inner cardstock frames in each square alternating the colours. After I stamped my text I decided I wanted a bit more black detail so I added pen dots and lines around each square to finish it off.
I think it turned out ok and since I have 2 more frames I can have some fun mixing them up too - but not until I'm feeling better. At some point sheer exhaustion will take over and I'll head back to bed.
1 comment:
Hi Suezie, I really like the frames. What a neat gift. Hint, Hint!!!! Just kidding. Love, Mom
Post a Comment