Thursday, 23 April 2009

Back in the UK

Our nephew Timothy moved back to America a couple of years ago to get re-aquainted with his father's side of the family and liked it so much he settled there. Well after a couple of attempts he finally made it back and brought his American girlfriend with him.

Dave and I found ourselves with a free afternoon on Saturday so we took them out to Lavenham for lunch. On the way home we detoured to Needham Market so they could browse through all the bits and bobs at the Old Town Hall antique and collectors centre. We regularly visit this place whenever mom comes to stay and it's been awhile since we were last here.


The weather couldn't have been better and since Amber was flying back home early the following day I was really glad we squeezed in some time to get to know her. I made them pose with this statue just for fun and it made a cute shot. I plan on e-mailing it to her and I think she'll appreciate it.

She was a real sweetie and they've been together for almost as long as Tim's been stateside. Since he plans to stay and visit for a few months it will put a strain on their relationship but I think they'll manage just fine. I know he hasn't always found making his own way in the world easy and he's had to grow up pretty fast but he's done a grand job.

We'll really miss him when he goes back but for now we're gonna make the most of having him here.

No comments: