I know, I know it's not fair showing you what you're missing cos I know you love a car boot sale but today Dave and I went to our first couple of car boot sales of the year and boy oh boy did I bag a few bargains!
I paid just .50p for these two metal hearts that I plan on decorating. I figure maybe a cute rub on quote and some 3 D flowers, beads, buttons or vintage lace maybe? Something along those lines anyway - I'll figure it out when I get to doin it.
I picked up 17 hinged rings for £1 which is way cheaper than in the shops here in town. I paid £1 for a pack of 100 diamantes that were about 1/2" big so I was happy with that cos I don't have any that big and I got 3 frames all the same for .50p the lot! I have seen a really neat Papertrey ink project using the 'garden of life' set so I figure I can do something similar for decorating my craft room or gift giving.
To top it all off nicely I 'bagged' a bargain (sorry couldn't resist the pun) bag at £1 that will take my Big Shot die-cutting machine as well as several dies. You wouldn't know it to look at my craft room but I do like storage systems and bags and boxes for everything - plus I like to be able to grab and go so I like things in their own bags.
I used a camcorder bag for my old Sizzix (the older larger style camcorders of course) which worked perfectly but wouldn't fit my new Big Shot machine. This bag was for a lap top and was surprisingly deep so it fit my new machine just right.
Since it has a couple of zip pockets, one of which had several smaller pockets and compartments it means I can take along scissors etc.
If it wasn't for a stinking cold I brought back home from our weekend away that got progressively worse as the day went on (and is now lodged nicely in my head and nose) it would've been a perfect day. I just love a bargain!
1 comment:
Yes, I'm very jealous. Its been too cold to go to any yardsales here. One of these says!! You got
some fantastic bargains. The pic
frames would make great gifts. Hint! Hint! Just kidding. Love,Mom
Post a Comment