Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Inkadinkado Cuties

My darling daughter has been spending a couple of days visiting us and she treated me to several mini stamp sets from Inkadinkado! They are soooooo cute that not only have I crafted a couple of cards with them already (I only got them this afternoon), but I just have to share them with everyone.

They are an absolute steal at just £1.75 a set! Really it doesn't get much better than that - except to say that I actually chose these out of a catalogue when I went to the trade show recently and Amanda at Your Touch of Craft was happy to stock them. I knew I was going to like them as soon as I saw them. I just wish I'd picked more designs - guess I need to speak to her about getting more in huh?



This is the turtle set which says "birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live" and a big "Happy Birthday" as well as this cute little guy.




This is the fish set which says "just dropping you - a line" in 2 parts so you can add the first part to the front of the card and the rest inside - how cute. It also has a cute fish, a hook and even bubbles which would make a really cool background in blues and greens. See my turtle card to see how easy it is to create a simple background paper.



I thought this one would be fun for friends who are always dieting. It seems like some of mine are continually on one! I've long since given up on this fruitless exercise myself!!!! I don't need to explain the text as the photo is clear enough to read but I really like this one.



I'm not sure how often I'll use this one but I think it's so darn funny. In case anyone can't read from this photo it says "does this diaper make my butt look big?" . Diaper being a 'nappy' to us limeys but since I had my babies in America 'diaper' makes me feel right at home. I know I could do a couple of cute cards with this design.



Then of course there's this one. It comes with a double flower which I used to create the background, a trio of cars, one with a flower on the arial and says "when you're in a jam - it's nice to have a friend" (in 2 parts). I coloured the cars with ordinary colouring pencils and then added clear glitter glue to the headlights and the centre of the small flower. I added the first part of the text to the front of the card.


I added the second part of the text inside the card and then finished it off with a few flowers in the bottom corner.

This one was my first effort with the turtle stamp set. I coloured him in with green and blue and although you can't see it in this photo I used Anita's clear gloss liquid on the green part of his shell. Once dry it looks really cool. I used the happy birthday stamp inside the card and stamped a few of the small flowers in there as well.

I am only sorry I didn't choose the one about chocolate! You can view the other designs here http://www.inkadinkado.com/products/prod_list.lasso?catid=2_clear_stamps. You can purchase these stamps at Your Touch of Craft. Amanda hasn't seen my cards using these stamps yet but when she does I'm sure she'll want to work a class around them. I sure hope so cos I'd just love to teach one with these.

They are just too CUTE!

No comments: