Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Cupcakes Stamps

A good friend gave me a voucher for my birthday this year (February) and I finally got the set of cupcake stamps I have been drooling over! I had to wait quite a while since the shop had to order them in for me but they were sooooo worth the wait.


They're made by Hero Arts and I knew as soon as I saw them they'd make some really cute cards and projects. Here's what I created with them.



Besides loving this card I have had the idea to make a box to fit a cupcake in as a gift for some time now. All I needed was the stamp set and a reason to actually get around to doing it.



This is the card I ended up making. I think the colours came about because of the green stem and red fruits of the cherry stamp but I like how they work together. It's almost impossible to see in this photo but the cupcake base is coloured using a pale yellow sparkle chalk and the frosting with a pale pink chalk. I used my tab punch to create the 'yum!' tab for opening the card and the text 'seize the cupcake' on the front. I love the red gingham in the paper and ribbon - so much better than plain red.



I used this text message inside to keep the card fun. I don't usually decorate the liners in cards but lately I have. I think the cherry in the corner works well and I love that I can substitute a button for a bit of 3D embellishing. I also mounted the back of the card onto red cardstock and trimmed around with my scalloped scissors for a different look.



I used my trusty 'impressively hand stamped expressively for you' stamp on the back (and on the base of the box too) - I'm so glad I found this stamp amongst my stash.

I made the card first and was then inspired with the matching colour scheme for the box. I created the box from a sheet of A3 white cardstock and then created paper panels for decorating it. Each panel consisted of a strip of red gingham paper topped with a strip of green scallop and a large strip of hand stamped and coloured cherry paper.


I created 2 different tags for the top of the box and tied it all up with pretty sheer green and red ribbons. Of course I will have to fill it and I plan to cut a strip of card stock that will fold and fit inside with a hole cut out of the centre to hold a cupcake perfectly. I can't wait to give this to my friend who has a birthday in mid April.

It just so happens that this month's issue of the freebie Tesco magazine has several recipes for cupcakes in it including a cherry one and I'd love to say I will hand make the cupcake too but I know myself only too well. I will end up leaving it until the last minute and then be too tired or too busy to do it myself.

I guess I will either buy a pretty cupcake from somewhere like Waitrose or if I have a little time I can buy a chocolate muffin and decorate it with a swirl of butter cream frosting myself - it will be half home made that way. Either way I wish I was the recipient of this sweet little gift!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word.... they are lovely suezie! i love those stamps, i have the new catalogue and see them in there, i may have to buy them now!!

Eunice Jackson said...

Sue,
I like the box idea, have you got a tutorial on it,
Eunice