Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Free Standing Bouquet

I am amazed at how well last night's Crafty Women flower arranging session went. I know this picture doesn't do justice because if you'd seen these bouquets up close and for real you would be amazed too.
Just look what we made! I still can't believe that we actually made these ourselves!!!

When I asked Tracey to teach us a class I was figuring we could maybe do something simple like a small table arrangement where we poke flowers into oasis and can't go far wrong. She had other ideas and asked if we wanted to learn how to do a free standing bouquet. She got an almost unanimous YES!

I was the I DON'T KNOW? I wasn't so sure as I don't tend to get along with flowers too well.

Tracey was such a good demonstrator that we all managed to create one and better still they pretty much all stood up too!

I was kind to her and didn't take a photo when she had the string between her teeth to tie the bouquet. She was certainly creative to get an 'extra' hand while making the bouquet.

This was her finished sample which was beautiful and then we had to recreate it.

This was Eunice getting stuck right in.

As did Esther

I just loved the way Helen's was shaping up and the colours she ended up with were lovely - it would've made the best Valentine's bouquet ever. I liked it so much I wanted to take hers home instead of mine!

It was clear to see that Flick had worked with flowers before even if she hadn't done a free standing bouquet. She brought along some beautiful leaves and flowers and even made some really clever 'loops' with long thin leaves - how cool (and inspiration for my next one too).


This was my finished bouquet but not actually from it's best side now I look at the photo. I should've put my bow on the other side but hey it was my first attempt so I am thrilled with it.

Just getting them to stand and then getting the water inside was an achievement in itself! Once you see the tips and techniques it becomes easier to actually do it.

I gave mine to my mother - albeit a day late it was a nice Mother's Day surprise and how cool was it that I made it all by myself!

I am excited about making another one so I will be giving these to people throughout the year as birthdays come up so I can get plenty of practise and get REALLY good at it. LOL!

No comments: