Sunday, 16 March 2008

Bewilderwood

I ran across these photos this evening as I was looking for a memory card to transfer photos from my camera. I had forgotten just how much fun we had at this place. I decided to share these photos because this place is well worth a visit and it's not too far.


You can make out the web address from this sign and check it out. This place is not about big fancy rides. It's about making your own entertainment, climbing up into tree houses and crossing rope bridges, swinging through the trees and sliding down giant slides.


I have a real fear of heights but I felt perfectly safe in the tree houses.


Even the rope bridges were ok. These three guys (2 grandkids and our nephew) just loved every minute of it and so did Dave and I. We became just like big kids ourselves.

This was one of our favourite activities. Even I had a try and we all ended up going on this again and again. Kaleb is only 5 years old here and everything was made perfectly safe so we didn't worry about the kids at all.They had a nice little picnic area and even a gentle boat ride on the 'green' river. We had to wait for the boat but since we walked in it was nice to ride the boat out.

This place gets a great BIG thumbs up from us all so check it out. I think we'll be going back this year at some point.

No comments: