Friday, 31 December 2010

Last Minute Crafting

I took along a project to my daughters to finish and only now do I have the time to share it.  I am home still rather poorly from a chesty cough I picked up around Christmas Eve but it is getting better.

Just before Christmas I spent a lovely evening in the company of Kay, Amanda and Rosina at YTOC (thanks girls) and we made pillow boxes.  I had already started mine and when I showed them they wanted to make some too.    How cute are these?


I was going to put them on the Christmas dinner table this year - Jess is a crafter and I knew she would appreciate a little home-made touch - plus we have gotten used to a little something other than just crackers over the years.  In fact some years we've even drawn names for tiny table pressies and it's fun to see just what you can come up with and what you get!



I used my newest set of Waltzing Mouse stamps which includes lots of little stamps from gingerbread boys and girls to holly, berries, stars and hearts - lots of possibilities with this set.  This was actually a set I wanted last Christmas but never managed to get it until later this year.  I was determined to use it.


I love that I was able to add a 'girl' or a 'boy' to the box and just keeping these simple was all the decoration they needed.  I filled them with M & M's in Christmas red & green which appeared in the stores this year.  Hopefully that's just a sign of things to come.  I have ALWAYS been super envious of the Christmas themed candies in American stores.  I wanted to add mini red & white candy canes to the front but couldn't find any anywhere this year?  It's so not fair!  Plus there are always sooooo many lovely projects on the US blogs that we simply can't get the candy for - aarrgghhhhh!!

I will be working on new sizes for these boxes and once done I hope to be making a triple stack and dressing them up for our first class at YTOC in the New Year.  I have in mind to use some glitter in there somewhere too so once I get to feelin better I shall play. I can't wait to get back to classes and crafting again.

I am not on any design teams for 2011 and so I plan to make good use of my time playing with lots of lovely things - including my new Waltzing Mouse stamps that I got for Christmas - lucky me!  Once my craft room is complete there should be nothing stoppin me LOL!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Rose said...

super CUTE!!!
**will answer your email soon! still reading the long-o thing! LOL**