
This week's project is actually a photo cube but since I can't access any of my photos either I had to make it without them - shame as I was really looking forward to adding a few snapshots of the kids when I chose this project for December.

I managed to find some papers that I had completely forgotten about. In fact I got these from mom when we went back for Christmas one year and they remind me so much of Stampin Up! papers.

I decided I could add text and chose - Peace, Love, Hope and Joy - all the blessings of the Christmas season.

I knew I could get to my Sizzix dies since I keep these in wire baskets in a trolley under the desk (he hasn't ripped that out yet) and I knew I had some old favourites that would work perfectly like the holly, ornament, hearts and dove. My Big Shot was still out on the kitchen counter from cutting Vicky's cupcake pokes so that was handy too.

I would've loved to glitter up the acents and go to town with a bit more detailing but I couldn't get to my glitter so I left it simple. I could however get to my computer so I generated the text using a font called 'circus' and just printed it in colours to match my papers. A bit of 'quirky' cutting and inking the edges worked just fine.

I may well have missed the US posting dates - I'm not really sure but I think this one is destined for family back home. I just love how the whole thing folds flat for posting, add some simple instructions for assembly and there you have it - a 3D Christmas greeting! How cute is this?
Next two projects involve my own tutorials so keep your eyes peeled for that. For now you have to go see just how easy it is to make one of these 'flat pack' boxes for yourself over at Project Tuesday. Oh and while you're there check out Melissa's fabby vintage style pennant bunting.
1 comment:
This is really cool! This is what I had planned on doing and literally ran out of time. I have the cube sitting here!!
Post a Comment