Now that I've taught the class I can show you a bit more of the projects I made. I have been desperate to teach these paper lunch sack gift pockets ever since I first made one and as last minute Christmas gift ideas they're perfect! (even if I do say so myself LOL!) I took these shots right after I made them and before I added ribbon. I added that later once I stopped in at YTOC to drop them off.
I actually tucked a pretty frame from Laura Ashley inside this one to demonstrate just what sort of things they can be used for. Like I said earlier - half the fun is finding things to tuck inside pretty packaging like this.
I made sure to leave enough of the paper lunch sack showing so you could still see just what it was made from and I love using pretty lace on these gift pockets too.
Because we had time to make more than one and because my first one was kinda 'traditional Christmas' I decided the second one should be bright, more modern and fun - something more suited to kids or candy.
These pockets are just perfect for filling with candy canes or other yummy chocolates but they're not just for Christmas. Imagine how they'd look throughout the year with recipes & yummy cookies in or seeds for the garden. How about a set of clear stamps, an ink pad and die-cut shapes to stamp on to? Or maybe a couple of fat quarters, scissors and some pretty pins? Even a pack of tissues, sachet of soup and cough drops for someone who's feeling poorly. There are no limits on fillings and since they drop quite nicely through a letterbox (well here in the UK anyhow) they're perfect for dropping off to a neighbour or friend as a nice surprise on the door mat.
Now if only I could remember where I put the rest of my paper lunch sacks? I know I have some somewhere!
Hopefully I will be doing a tutorial for these for December's Project Tuesday so you may want to check back in a week or two. For now I'm gonna get my DT stuff done, plus my Christmas projects and hopefully be ready in time for the holiday season that's fast approaching! Oh and of course there's always work but I've had a very productive day off today I'd say. Back to the office tomorrow!





1 comment:
do i reconise that photo frame???????
MUM! make me 1! i want a candy cane in mine! oh.... and ellieana would love one too! she loves all you'r hand made things! she said she's taking the bird house back to her mum! she likes all that crafty stuff too.
Post a Comment