Sunday, 5 December 2010

Lasting Memories

Well it's December already and so my page features Christmas - no surprise there!  I can still recall the first Christmas our grandson Zach trimmed the tree for us and I remember taking these photos too but somehow I don't remember how he got from a few years old to the young lad he is now!  Where does the time go?  And why do I still have a backlog of unscrapped photos of when he was a little boy? (never mind the other two kids now).

We've had the same Christmas tree for far too many years and while we've decided not to put one up this year as we're going to spend it with Jess maybe next year we'll start fresh and treat ourselves to something new.  Our tree has always been full of the ornaments mom gave the girls as they were growing up which Zach delighted in discovering as he carefully unwrapped each one.  I have since given these back to the girls for their own trees full of memories although we enjoyed them for 25 years or more and remember them fondly.


I used my computer to generate the text although I did also use adhesive stickers for the 't's'.  Since this page is going into Zach's album I've kept it pretty basic like all the rest.


My sister had given me some picture 'scraps' that were just perfect for a 'tree trimming' layout and I decided to block each one to make a feature of them all.  The entire page works in a block format with everything fitting in nice and neat.

Right now getting anything crafted is a real challenge as hubby has only been off work for a week and already he has torn apart my craft room and ripped cupboards off walls.  Looks like I'm finally going to get that REVAMP I've been wantin for the last year or so.  The walls look kinda strange and very bare and no doubt I'll have to get my hands dirty helping him paint but it's good for us to have something to work on together.  Plus he's so cute - I came home from work on Friday to have him say 'come upstairs I want to show you something'!  No he wasn't gettin fresh (wink) he wanted to show me his handy work.  I can expect this to happen several times over the following week and I'm real excited to see how it all turns out.  Kinda scary too since I'm reducing it by half.  NO idea where the excess stuff is gonna go!

Guess maybe I'll just have to use some of it up and do way more crafting than this year.  Speaking of which - if you haven't done a page in a while stop on over at Lasting Memories for some fab inspiration and get going!

No comments: