Tuesday, 7 December 2010

PT Pennant Banner

It's the first challenge for December over at Project Tuesday and I chose a pennant banner to get everyone in the mood for Christmas decorating.  I have wanted to make one of these for ages and I decided to make one for my daughter Jessika.  I plan to take it to her when we visit this month.


I ended up using pinks and greens although I'm not sure how this came about.  Since hubby has started revamping my craft room most things are packed up in boxes so I think I was lucky to find any bits and pieces at all. 

I started this project yesterday with the intention of finishing it this afternoon but I got held up in a meeting at work so it was rushed a little towards the end but I still like how it turned out.  I used my Waltzing Mouse stamps to create the holly.  I don't know if I'll ever get tired of using this set!

In this shot you can see the almost 'vinyl' feel detailing on the paper. I also glittered up the die-cut letters, added white gel pen detailing and even stitched the pennants on my sewing machine.

I think Jessy is gonna love it - I know I do.  If you haven't had a go at one of these yet why not join the fun and make one for your own Christmas decorating.  Oh and don't forget to stop in over at Project Tuesday for some inspiration to get you started. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Karen Wilson said...

Oh I LOVE this!! How pretty and love the wording!!!