Friday, 31 December 2010

Baskets Full of Surprises!

My daughter decided to do several baskets for people this year and these are extra special gifts.  Why?  Because they take so much thought and preperation for filling plus dressing them up takes a lot of time too. 

She had made one for her sister, one for her dad and one especially for me (she loves her mummy) and even one for her friend and her little girls.


She filled her friend's with lots of lovely baking goodies - just perfect for a mummy and two little girls to spend a day having fun in the kitchen.  How sweet is that?

These were the other baskets.  She put together a gardening one for her dad so he'd have lots of new things for down on the allotment this next year.  Her sister had asked for soup bowls so Jess had found some and filled her basket with bowls, soup, croutons and crackers - yummy!

Mine was a 'crafter's paradise' basket filled with lots of crafting goodies including these!  Not one but several sets of fab Waltzing Mouse stamps!!!


Boy oh boy!  Am I gonna have fun with WMS next year or what?  And since Jess ordered first without asking, got some stamps I already had, refused to exchange them but kept them instead and re-ordered I think maybe she's gonna have a fun WMS year too!  I couldn't be more delighted that I have introduced my OWN daughter to the delights of these fabby stamps and she's already promised to come visit again in February too - I CAN'T wait!!!


As a fellow crafter she is getting to know me very well and tucked inside my basket was a beautifully wrapped gift which turned out to be this book.  I'm hoping we might both get some fab recipes and ideas from this for next year.  I have several books like this and I treasure them all.


She had filled my basket with lots of extras too like cookies and chocolates and had even taken time to make this fab gift card holder to tuck in as well.  I recognise these stamps cos I have them too (haven't played with them yet - shame on me) but she has done a fabby job with them.  And she tells me she's NOT a stamper! There is even a giant 'tag' stamp that she's used here - very clever idea Jess.


This is just another shot.  I tell ya for a fairly newbie crafter - one who is still very much discovering just what's out there she does extremely well and I am super proud that I am passing on so many skills to my daughters and that we're also sharing passions together.  Can you see why I get soooooo excited about her visits?  I simply can't think of anything we do together that we don't both love to do and actually that's with both girls.

This is inside the card which actually has a 'double' gift card holder.  I know, I know, she went way over board and it can't happen again next year but I know too this Christmas was planned and organised entirely by Jess for several reasons close to our hearts and I love her for it. 

The day was not without a relapse from me which took me totally by surprise but which also gave me an unexpected hug from a 10 year old grandson who maintains "I don't do hugs Grandma!".  Mom was very much there in spirit.  And that's it now - done - the toughest Christmas over.  Best not to dwell on it.

Jess and I have alreadly talked about the next one LOL! 

1 comment:

Rose said...

She is awesome!! you should be proud of her and tell her to keep on stamping :)
Happy New Years girlfriend :)