I agreed to put together a crafting project - which was not going to be easy since my craft room is all stacked in boxes on one side of the room! Lucky for us I managed to spy some left over kits that I had put together for a group project at my friend's guest house one year. This is what we came up with at short notice.
I wanted to try making a pillow box and these turned out to be pretty easy. I'd have preferred a different colour scheme but hey - we were working with what I could get my hands on remember! I'd also like to scale these down to a square size and make table pressie boxes to take to Jessy's. I can see them made up in kraft cardstock, tied with red ribbon or baker's twine and with Waltzing Mouse 'homespun' tags, can't you? Nothing quite so fancy - just a homespun Christmas. Oh I love when an idea comes to mind :-)
I had also made up a cute little cardstock gift bag idea for hot chocolate but we talked so much we plum ran out of time! Like I say I hadn't seen em' in AGES!!! Plus you know I can talk for England LOL! I did promise to e-mail them instructions and I will - right after I finish this post.
I have a whole bunch more crafting to do - projects that I have been commissioned for plus I still have sewing projects to finish before I start my baking. I am only at work two more days and then I'm off for the holidays and I like to do my baking in the couple of days running up to Christmas so it's fresh made. I have seen soooooo many fab recipes of late I am completely undecided what I want to make next year.
I think next year I'm gonna get (or make) me one of those Christmas Planner thingy's - one with places to list websites, recipes and maybe even pockets to tuck in ideas so I can bring it all together earlier (yeah right - does that ever really happen?). I've made some really neat sewing projects this year already but there are soooooo many more I still want to do. The hardest part about Christmas for me is actually settling on any one idea and sticking with it!
Okay clearly now I'm thinkin out loud (waffling more like) so I'm gonna go and get busy doing. Hubby has just brought me up a couple of warmed croissants for breakfast (sweet) but clearly he wants me off the computer!!!
I have another girly session planned for Monday evening to look forward to as well and since we all get along and have a great laugh together I can't wait and I'm gettin EXCITED! After the year we've had it's so nice to be able to say that.
Blessings!


1 comment:
sounds like you had a blast!! and super cute projects :)
enjoy your baking :)
Post a Comment