Sunday, 19 December 2010

Cupcake Under Glass

Oh Dear! I went and added ANOTHER cupcake stand to my already OTT collection - BUT I simply couldn't pass this one up.  It was too darn cute!  Besides I told myself I had room for one more and I want this one on display.


It's a cupcake stand for a one!  I just love that it has it's very own glass dome cover - how cute is that?  I only have one large one with a dome lid but I would love more - I never quite know what to cover them with otherwise.  I think the little fabric cupcake that my co-worker Pauline gave me looks lovely under glass too - a perfect place to display it when not in use.  Actually as it's meant to be a pin cushion wouldn't htis look cute in a sewing room too?


Jessy and I started looking for individual cupcake stands last summer and it's surprising what you can now find - I have 3 already. As soon as I saw this one tho' I knew it was coming home with me despite walking away and back and away and back - you get the picture?  It's the kinda thing I'd have kicked myself about later if I'd gone home without it so I caved.


And despite finding it in a fancy (and sometimes expensive) cook shop it was a very reasonable price - just £4.99 would you believe?  Less than a fiver so if you're looking for a pretty and practical last minute gift for someone this could be it.  Better still - give it with some home made cupcakes!  And how fun would it be to use this in the office for b'days - maybe with a musical candle? Just fill it with a pretty cupcake - hand made or store bought even and pass around to colleagues on their birthdays throughout the year?


And then when you lift out the cupcake it even has a sweet little 'just for you' message underneath.  This is the kind of thing I could happily give as a b'day gift as well.  Only trouble is the lid fits upside down in the box so you'd have to re-box it with a cupcake in it but I think I could manage that.  I might just find myself back in that shop after Christmas - and Jessy - if you're readin this, wait till you see this for real - it's soooooooo cute!

1 comment:

Rose said...

have never seen one of these. super fun idea :)