Monday, 19 April 2010

Project Tuesday - 20 April

Ok so I have to admit that this week's project was NOT something I would've tried at all if I wasn't on a design team. I'm not a big fan of 'pop up' anything so I was seriously dreading it. You might say it was 'not my cup of tea'!


Still I am up for a challenge and I think I gave it a pretty good effort (maybe?). I had a few things in my head starting out with this project. I knew I wanted to use flowers - I kinda pictured a spray of flowers popping out when the card was opened. I knew I wanted to cut my spiral from clear acetate so it faded into the background a bit easier. I also knew I wanted fairly non-fussy this week if at all possible. I just finished a class project that felt super fussy so I needed to de-fuss (think that's a made up word) but you all know what I'm gettin at.

I had left it until this evening to start my project - shame on me - but I am sooooo glad I did. I was super inspired by a handful of cards created by Julia Aston which fit the bill for what I wanted so I took my inspiration from her. Claire has a fab DT over at Waltzing Mouse and I have been a fan of a couple of the gals for a while now - Julia is one of my favourites (remember the oh so cute carrots?).



This was my take on things. I simply ADORE this stamp set and I use it again and again. I'm not a fan of decoupage but I love cutting out the many layers and then piecing them all back together again. I love the pastel colours which couldn't have been more different from the last time I used this set here. I also loved the white on white.



These flowers were perfect for cutting into various sizes to create a pretty floral spray inside the card. This is the 'spiral' element in action. I halved the sentiment so it started on the outside and continued inside the card. I would usually line my cards so it feels a bit foreign not to and I was sorely tempted to add my spiral to a liner instead but I resisted. This close up (below) shows the spiral a bit more - boy this one was hard to photograph!



Final thoughts - I'm glad I had a go. I'm pleased with the finished project too but I guess there's gonna be a week that I struggle with from time to time - it's part of the designing process and part of the challenge too. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with this week. Who knows it might inspire me to try this again?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous Suezie, I would love to try this! fabby idea! And yep julia is a star!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Suezie, fabulous card my friend. I want that stamp set and everytime I see someone use it I want it even more. Someday my stamp will come.

KimS said...

How pretty!!! I love those flowers!! Great job!!!

Rose said...

oh i am so glad you didn't give up!! this is beautiful and i love the flowers :)
how smart you are to use acetate for the spiral!! must remember that :)

Mrs B said...

Suezie...soooo cute! you know I love this set too!
CindyB