We're obviously gettin in the mood for summer with these bright, fun papers featuring glittery strawberries and all kinds of sweetness. They're double sided which makes them perfect for this diaper fold pocket project and they work well with splashes of green and pretty pinks too.

I used two sheets of paper - one for the pocket that had a bright pink side to it so I could bring this colour in as an accent - and a second which was full of glittered text and embellishments and had this fab pink polka dot on the reverse. I used nestabilities to cut out the smaller squares and also the circles. It meant I could get right into the paper to get at these circle embellishments. They were perfect for adding to the card.
Since I already had my heart nesties out I knew I could make some super cute strawberries using these. I simply rounded off the tip with scissors to soften them, inked the edges and used a flower punch for the stem part.
Even though this might make a cute gift for a little girl I can also see it full of strawberry bath salts or something along those lines for an 'older' girly too. For now I have filled my bag with pink shredded paper. I usually buy real goodies but I never get to eat them so I gotta quit doin that. It just ain't FAIR!
I am still scheduled for surgery real soon so I'm just tryin to get ahead of the game right now. My hospital appointment on Friday went real well. As long as my bloods come back ok I'm good to go so not long now. I plan on countin down days startin Monday! I will still be able to craft at some point in my recovery - I just may not be able to get back to teaching for several weeks but think of all the cool stuff I can come up with while I have time to PLAY! Don't worry I'll share it here on the blog and some of it may end up in future classes who knows?
Supplies Used: Nestabilities - circles, squares & hearts, MS border punch, green & pink ink, Sizzix - Texture Boutique, Big Shot, tags die, Designer Paper - Best Creation Inc, Misc - ribbon, thread, flower punch, foam pads.


No comments:
Post a Comment