Oh I waffle on sometimes don't I? - you guys don't need to know all that stuff but I hope to take a photo of Zach - been a long time since I shared any pictures of the grandkids here and I know mom loves to see em'.
Anyhow I needed a quick and easy project as a gift for a work colleague who is also a fellow believer. It is her b'day tomorrow although she celebrated at work today. Last night was also American Idol night so it had to be SUPER quick and easy. No way was I gonna miss that! Still don't know who went out cos it was Idol Gives Back and they split the show in two! Not sure when the other half is on. Dave has lost all interest in it this year since he finds out from US friends and family on Facebook before we've watched it - takes all the fun out of it. As long as he doesn't tell me I'm fine!
Sorry - back to the project - in that kind of mood today I guess.
Like I said Jo is a fellow believer and so I wanted to use a few of my plain Jane scripture stamps from Verve. I knew she would appreciate having a set of cards on hand so she could share the love with others. I kept them bright and cheery since Jo's young (just a few years older than my eldest daughter) makes me feel real old! I knew she would appreciate bright and funky. Some quick cuttin with nesties - makes the job sooooooo much easier, some simple stampin and punchin and that's pretty much it.
I needed quick packaging too. I tried one of my Papertrey clear boxes but US sizes are different to UK ones so in desperation this morning before I headed off to work I grabbed a clear bag and made a quick header card for it. I added some text on this later at work this morning - real quick like - shame on me I know - but it wasn't easy. I am usually the first in the office for a good hour (nice and quiet when you have work to catch up on) but NOT this morning. Of all days Jo arrived just 15 minutes after I did. You'd know just how surprising this is if you realised how hard it is for Jo to be on time for ANYTHING. Needless to say it was hard gettin the finishing touches added in case she put her head in the door.
I'm happy to say she loved em (and the chocolate I added in the bag with them). I put something like 'wishing you all good delights and birthday blessings' (can't remember exact words - sorry).
I have another gift on my table for Amanda's birthday but it might be Saturday before I get it to her. Sorry Amanda - I know your b'day was Wednesday but I haven't been able to get by the store. At least it'll be a nice surprise when you do get it huh?


No comments:
Post a Comment