Sunday, 25 April 2010

A Trip Into Town

Just look what a trip in to town turns up - this cute photo holder! I knew as soon as I saw it that it would be perfect for displaying cards either at home on my desk or on the table when I'm demonstrating. It never fails - the projects on display fall over several times when the table gets bumped a bit by customers.




This was just in my price range too (almost nothing) and at £3.50 it was definately a bargain! I know it doesn't look like much empty but when you see it full of cards........





.......then you see why it's worth jumping up and down about. It holds these cute mini cards perfectly. I ran a whole batch of them off during the week - just sat cutting out the pieces in the evenings while I watched a programme or two and then pieced them back together. There's something really therapeutic about doing that - just one more reason why I love these 'homespun' stamps sets from WMS. The are made for it!


I kept half the saying on the front and the rest inside. Things like 'my door.... ...is always open' and 'a little birdie....... ...told me'. These quick cards were inspired by Julia who is on Claire's DT but I added embossed squares inside my pen lines plus I chose to mount my text on cardstock and mount a whole bunch of elements 3D. I love that they don't need anything else - well maybe a button in the middle of the heart? I added black gems to the centre of the flowers so a button might look cute too. Think maybe I meant to do that and forgot?


I have done almost NO crafting this weekend. I did make a flower using a Hello Kitty Sizzix die though. I knew when I played with this die at Amanda's store that it would layer up real nice and I like how this flower was shaping up. A few more layers would make up even fuller. I used just tow layers of each flower but maybe 3 or 4 would work better next time.





I grabbed a few papers, crinkle edged ribbon and some lovely yellow and cream cotton lace and started to play. I even dragged the sewing machine back out and did a quick bit of stitching on paper but I just don't have time to finish it today. I will need a b'day card for my mother for June but we're busy today so it will have to stay out on the table and I will probably pick it back up during the week. We are spending the day with our daughter and eldest grandson.
Whatever I do today I think I might have to punch me a whole bunch more flowers before I give this die back. Think this one is going on my wish list too. That list just keeps growing darn it. When your budget is 'almost nothing' you have to make some tough choices!

No comments: