Saturday, 17 April 2010

Why Not Yellow?

Today I hung out at YTOC and crafted for some upcoming classes. Dave was out all day with the church youth group and I was only gonna craft at home so it was nice to have the company and hang out with the girlies. The shop was buzzin' with crafters up for the Donna Downey weekend and there was plenty to eat throughout the day.

When I asked Kay what colour she'd like for the class she decided maybe yellow would be nice. We haven't used yellow since the all day workshop which was a while ago. She chose a really bright 'lime green' and I chose the spotty yellow paper from American Crafts. We threw in a yellow embossed cardstock, some black, some white and played around with several nestability dies.
I used 2 floral sets, a circle set and just for fun I created the leaves using the heart set. A little bit of inking, some doodling with white gel pen and black fine liner and there you have it. I love to outline things so they 'pop' out even more.


This was the finished product - a cute card holder filled with 4 matching cards. Everyone should have fun making up this set. I like to have everyone use equipment like the nestabilities and big shot - A. because for some it's the first time they've experienced them and hands on is always the best way - especially if you're trying to make important craft purchasing decisions and B. because even the gals who have them need to learn ways to use them, to mix them up and have fun with them. There are so many ways to make your own embellishments with crafting supplies so the investment more than pays for itself in no time at all. I'm NOT on commission - honest!


Once I had done this set I had enough scraps left over to create a square card. I know this might seem like a LOT of yellow on top of yellow but up close and for real the plain yellow has some pretty embossed details that just didn't want to photograph in the light in the store. For this card I added a larger circle and scalloped circle behind the flower.

All in all this is what today's playing at crafting produced - very bright - VERY yellow but somewhat different to what I'd normally choose. It's good to do something different isn't it - so why not YELLOW?

No comments: