Saturday, 31 May 2008

New 'Funky' Peel Offs

Remember how I usually say I HATE PEEL OFFS! Well they are being taken to new levels all the time and these new ones are no exception. I could seriously become a convert!


We have seen pastel colours introduced and now we have these cool brights! I love mixing up the colours. Even better than that is the way they're designed to layer up with each other so that you can actually build these kinda 'retro' (flower power) flowers yourself. Those of you who know me well, know I love dots too and there are also plenty of these on the sheets as well.



The first card is layered up directly onto the card backing. This card uses some direct to card layering but the two larger flowers are stuck onto acetate, cut out and then 3D mounted so there is a 'pop out' element to the card.



As well as dots in about 3 different sizes there are really thin lines and petal shapes to play with too. There are even larger circles to build up that have a pretty lace edge to them.


I am desperate for Amanda (YTOC) to get the foliage ones in so I can have a play with them too.


I used the smaller flowers to add to the centre of one of the larger flowers and then added tiny stick on gems. These flowers are just perfect for adding little extras to. I used the thin lines where the 2 pink papers met but had to cleverly hide the joins behind the flower heads.

To create the thicker flower stems I cut the scrap border off the peel off sheet and then added some tiny petal shapes as leaves. I actually like the over-sized flower heads on long stems with tiny leaves so I am really pleased with how this one turned out.

I will apologise in advance for how these next 2 photos turned out. They both use acetate so it reflects back when the photo is taken. I always take more shots than I need but in my haste I deleted a few of these ones to make room for something else so they will have to do. If you want to see them at their best you can pop into Your Touch of Craft (YTOC) since they're on display RIGHT ABOVE THESE GREAT PEEL OFFS to inspire you!


For this one I created an aperture card and then added an acetate overlay. I mounted pretty background paper inside the card to show through and mounted the stickers on the outside of the acetate (as though they are inside the aperture). It's a great 'illusion' effect as long as you stay right up to the edges so you actually have to cut a few flowers in half to really make it work.

The ribbon hides where I stuck the acetate to the front of the card and adds a pretty touch as well as helping to keep it all together.

This photo is such poor quality that I almost didn't include it but it's another example of an acetate overlay. I'm really only showing it so you can see how I created little butterflies using the petal stickers. The dots work well for creating a 'fly path' detail but then I realised they would also make the body of a dragonfly - how cute!

All the text circles and ovals I used were Craftworks (YTOC) and are great value for money. There are 64 embossed text circles in the circle pack alone - half in silver and half in gold - they fit perfectly inside some of the peel off circles as well.

I hope I've inspired some of you to get your hands on these and create your own 'flower power' cards.

We have a peel off class coming up so I think maybe we'll make it extra fun by using these. I can't wait!!!!

No comments: